Good Health Guidelines

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers - Filling and Healthy' started by LittleMissThin 17, 22 October 2011 Social URL.

1. LittleMissThin 17

LittleMissThin 17 wants to be skinny ♥

Start Weight:
    12st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(22.67%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers- ProPoints
    (adapted from WW LIVE book opposite the SF page)

Fruit and Vegetables:
    Aim for at least 5 portions of different fruit and vegetables a day. Fresh, frozen, tinned, dried, juiced fruits and veg all count. Potatoes do not count as one of your five a day.

Milk and Dairy:
    Aim for 2 portions a day. 1/2 pint of milk, 150g yoghurt, 40g hard cheese are all one portion.

Protein:
    Aim for 1-2 portions a day including lean meat, skinless poultry, fish and beans.

Wholegrains:
    Aim to base at least half of your day's intake on bread, cereal, rice and pasta- all wholegrain of course.

Fluid:
    The recommended 1.2L can come from water, squash, coffee, tea, diet drinks and milk.

Salt:
    No more than 6g a day - about a teaspoon.

Alcohol:
    Women no more than 2-3 units a day, men no more than 3-4 a day.

Sugar:
    Experts advise us to cut down on sugary drinks/food as much as possible due to empty calories.

Gemma1986 likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. georginathomas

georginathomas Silver Member

Diet:
    weight watchers
    Hi would we have to count the 40g of cheese x

4. georginathomas

georginathomas Silver Member

Diet:
    weight watchers
    Really confused is the 40 g of cheese ok on filling and healthy or a example of how much u could have a day

5. slimgirlWW

slimgirlWW Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.5lb(2.31%)
    I've only been going f&h a week so I could be wrong but I thought cheese included as "unlimited" are fat free or the "lightest" ones. I can only imagine how bad fat free cheddar tastes so I've bought mature cheddar that's either 30% or 50% less fat & will work out the ProPoints to use as my extra.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.