Good News and Bad News (advice on exercise needed).

Discussion in 'Exante' started by Chocaholic39, 16 January 2011 Social URL.

1. Chocaholic39

Chocaholic39 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(13.23%)
    Diet:
    exante
    Hi all. The good news is yesterday (day four) I went into ketosis and feel much better.:D

So I decided to go out cycling today. I haven't been out on the bike for about a month but was cycling regularly before that. Today I really struggled and after about 3 miles got quite light headed. I used to do about 16 miles no probs.:(

I really want to carry on cycling and build up to the level I was at before Xmas. Has anyone got any advice? I am doing total solution. I thought maybe having a bar before going on the bike may be a good idea as the extra carbohydrate might help - or even having 2 bars and a shake on cycling days, although I don't want to get out of ketosis.
    Does anyone else exercise and how do you manage?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. OneTwoFour

OneTwoFour Losing it!

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(4.53%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    I can't help with the question but I'm interested in your answers as I was a keen cyclist, and would very much like to be again once I've lost a couple of stone.

4. Bernice

Bernice Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    8st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(31.32%)
    Diet:
    EXANTE
    ............I would imagine that you would be better having the bar before the exercise as it will probably sustain you for longer. Exante recommend only 1 x bar a day because of the higher carb content but I somehow think if your exercise regime is quite vigorous then you quite possibly may need those extra carbs but if it will knock you out of ketosis I don't know. It may be a suck it and see sort of situation. Good luck xx

5. Bobbi

Bobbi Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st13lb(23.91%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I would certainly try an extra pack and some extra fluids before cycling. I dont know about exante but on CD they dont recomend excercise like that for at least a week, day 4 and your boady is maybe still adjusting even if you are in K.

Let us know how it goes :)

6. Markyboy

Markyboy Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st11lb
    Current Weight:
    16st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(6.43%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    The last time around i was cycling to work everyday on TS which was about 12 miles, and i found that for the first 2 weeks i never had that much strength/stamina but after a couple of weeks this started to improve as the body settles down to the new way of being fuelled. So my advice on personal experience is dont over-do the cycling/exercise with in the 1st couple of weeks of doing TS.

7. Chocaholic39

Chocaholic39 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(13.23%)
    Diet:
    exante
    Thankyou all for your advice. I think I did just do a bit much a bit soon. Think I'll try having a bar before I go out on the bike next time. I've always been keen on exercise (a fat exercise junkie !!!!!) and don't really want to give up.

I've had a look around the site and there seems to be lots of different opinions about exercise and vlcds. Just wondered if anyone found exercise affected weight loss?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.