Good News and Bad News (advice on exercise needed).

Chocaholic39

Hi all. The good news is yesterday (day four) I went into ketosis and feel much better.:D

So I decided to go out cycling today. I haven't been out on the bike for about a month but was cycling regularly before that. Today I really struggled and after about 3 miles got quite light headed. I used to do about 16 miles no probs.:(

I really want to carry on cycling and build up to the level I was at before Xmas. Has anyone got any advice? I am doing total solution. I thought maybe having a bar before going on the bike may be a good idea as the extra carbohydrate might help - or even having 2 bars and a shake on cycling days, although I don't want to get out of ketosis.
Does anyone else exercise and how do you manage?

............I would imagine that you would be better having the bar before the exercise as it will probably sustain you for longer. Exante recommend only 1 x bar a day because of the higher carb content but I somehow think if your exercise regime is quite vigorous then you quite possibly may need those extra carbs but if it will knock you out of ketosis I don't know. It may be a suck it and see sort of situation. Good luck xx

I would certainly try an extra pack and some extra fluids before cycling. I dont know about exante but on CD they dont recomend excercise like that for at least a week, day 4 and your boady is maybe still adjusting even if you are in K.

Let us know how it goes :)

The last time around i was cycling to work everyday on TS which was about 12 miles, and i found that for the first 2 weeks i never had that much strength/stamina but after a couple of weeks this started to improve as the body settles down to the new way of being fuelled. So my advice on personal experience is dont over-do the cycling/exercise with in the 1st couple of weeks of doing TS.

Thankyou all for your advice. I think I did just do a bit much a bit soon. Think I'll try having a bar before I go out on the bike next time. I've always been keen on exercise (a fat exercise junkie !!!!!) and don't really want to give up.

I've had a look around the site and there seems to be lots of different opinions about exercise and vlcds. Just wondered if anyone found exercise affected weight loss?

Back