Good news/bad news

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by time2bslim, 5 September 2010 Social URL.

1. time2bslim

time2bslim Just doing it this time

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(10.05%)
    my scales died ! Not the batteries......just showing 8888 - before which I quickly jumped on for a quicky weigh (official w.i on Tuesday evening) .................

they showed me at 15.4 - (my last w.i I was 12.3) thought I'd either got my money belt on :p or the scales were a tiny weeny bit out ? Then the 8888 came up.

Changed batteries - no good.

NOW the Q is - do I go get new scales? Do i not get new scales and just go with my official weigh ins at class.............I know what I should do, but I have never been without a set of scales during my adult life - HOW SAD IS THAT !

opinions please girls! (and boys)

Thanks in advance.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. loungelizard

loungelizard Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13.5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(11%)
    Diet:
    SW Extra Easy
    I threw our scales out over 10 years ago so my answer would be NO:p

4. anoushka

anoushka Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(10%)
    I would say try without if you can - I dropped our glass scales (6am, glass all over the bathroom, not good!) and haven't replaced them, and I kind of feel more liberated without them, and excited when I go to weigh in. I think not having them there means I don't really cheat because I can't check half way through the week to see if I'm going well/not well. Good luck!

5. Hayleyberrybenj

Hayleyberrybenj Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st7lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(18.92%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    My vote is a NO..no scales in my house or I'm sure I'd be on and off them all day long :p

6. debtdummy

debtdummy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13.5lb(6.92%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    i would see how u go this week, without the scales u might start doubting urself and one quick weigh at home sets ur mind at rest, like me! or u may be great and happy to see the figures on ur weigh in day, like waiting for lottery numbers,,,lol

7. funcurls

funcurls Never gets tired of SW!

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I personally refuse to own scales simply because I KNOW what I'd be like!! I'd be jumping on and off and constantly obsessing and stressing and I think it would be unhealthy for me!! I just do my best throughout the week and let the SW scales on a Monday night show the truth!! Sometimes it's disappointing, and sometimes it's well worth the surprise! I'm going to invest in some good ones when I reach target! X

8. shell_y

shell_y Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st11lb
    Current Weight:
    9st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5.5lb(12.91%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Do not buy any, you don't need them. The only scales that matter are sw ones. I've been without since Wednesday last week. You soon break the routine and feel liberated.

9. cheekychinchilla

cheekychinchilla Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(16.2%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I agree with Fancurls. I would drive myself insane if I had scales in the house!! Definitely no to buying new ones :D

10. eternity

eternity Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    7st0lb(42.61%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    SW
    I wouldn't be without my scales, I'd have to buy another set if mine were kaput. They're like a comfort blanket to me, I'd get in a panic if I didn't have them, although I know that some people get stressed through using them several times a day. Don't buy more if they drive you mad.
    I weigh myself every morning, but as I am at target it's recommended that you weigh yourself every day (I did it all through losing weight too). I only count my Wednesday WI at class as official though.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.