Good news/bad news

time2bslim

Just doing it this time
my scales died ! Not the batteries......just showing 8888 - before which I quickly jumped on for a quicky weigh (official w.i on Tuesday evening) .................

they showed me at 15.4 - (my last w.i I was 12.3) thought I'd either got my money belt on :p or the scales were a tiny weeny bit out ? Then the 8888 came up.

Changed batteries - no good.

NOW the Q is - do I go get new scales? Do i not get new scales and just go with my official weigh ins at class.............I know what I should do, but I have never been without a set of scales during my adult life - HOW SAD IS THAT !

opinions please girls! (and boys)

Thanks in advance.

I would say try without if you can - I dropped our glass scales (6am, glass all over the bathroom, not good!) and haven't replaced them, and I kind of feel more liberated without them, and excited when I go to weigh in. I think not having them there means I don't really cheat because I can't check half way through the week to see if I'm going well/not well. Good luck!

My vote is a NO..no scales in my house or I'm sure I'd be on and off them all day long :p

i would see how u go this week, without the scales u might start doubting urself and one quick weigh at home sets ur mind at rest, like me! or u may be great and happy to see the figures on ur weigh in day, like waiting for lottery numbers,,,lol

I personally refuse to own scales simply because I KNOW what I'd be like!! I'd be jumping on and off and constantly obsessing and stressing and I think it would be unhealthy for me!! I just do my best throughout the week and let the SW scales on a Monday night show the truth!! Sometimes it's disappointing, and sometimes it's well worth the surprise! I'm going to invest in some good ones when I reach target! X

I wouldn't be without my scales, I'd have to buy another set if mine were kaput. They're like a comfort blanket to me, I'd get in a panic if I didn't have them, although I know that some people get stressed through using them several times a day. Don't buy more if they drive you mad.
I weigh myself every morning, but as I am at target it's recommended that you weigh yourself every day (I did it all through losing weight too). I only count my Wednesday WI at class as official though.

Back