good or bad

bevsy

Is calorie counting a good way to lose weight, im very stringent on what i eat, and make sure to lose weight i stick to a recommended amount of calories per day for my ideal weight loss of approx 2lb a week.
I am currently eating 1750 calories per day.
was just wondering what sort of calories people eat on other diets or do they not count the calories.
would be good to know what other diets
use as there weight loss.

I'm finding it an excellent way to lose weight - I've dropped quite a lot since I started calorie counting in December last year. I like the fact I'm in control and can still eat things I'd like to, as long as I make adjustments elsewhere.

I can't comment on other diets because cc is the only thing I've tried. I don't think I could stick to a VLCD as I like food too much :) I also wanted something I could easily convert to real life once the diet has 'finished' - basically I wanted a change in the way I ate that I could carry forward for the future and change for good.

I like CC because I can still have treats (ie a nice glass of wine!) if I have enough calories left out of my allowence! lol

I love it too :) It's so easy, I can have whatever I want so long as I restrict the portions and 'budget' for it within my daily allowance. I think it will help when I reach my goal and am wanting to maintain my weight too, it really helps me to understand what is best to eat and when.

Back