Good Snacks to eat with little syns?

My weakness is crisps, Tonight I sliced a potato and laid them out on a silicone lined baking tray then dusted with salt. Hey presto 'cheat crisps'. Not bad and I assumed no sins, I didn't even use fry-light.

Hi if you search around for sw crisps I think they may be synned in a similar way that using couscous for flour etc is? A few of these things where you ate substituting a free food to make a snack/cake has been discussed on here recently. And it seems sw have said it's not free. I don't know enough on the subject to say further as it's not happened to me personally so your best to look around and ask on here!! Happy eating!! Xxxx

I go for sugar free mint Smints. They are virtually syn free,( I can't remember exactly how many, off the top of my head, but minimal) and after a couple, you lose the taste for anything else. Great ploy!!

Are those the crisps you make in the microwave 'I dream slim?' I make those quite regularly and I too thought that if you use your potato as HEX B, plus the frylight, all would be fairly syn free. Does anybody know any more info please?

I'm searching forum now-will report back!! X

Ok. Best answers about this are on the thread-slimming world crisps (free on green) it seems it's an ongoing debate re free food (potatoes/lasagne) being used to make hard snacks. All seems to relate to the fact that you could eat 3 potatoes worth of 'crisps' but wouldn't eat three potatoes? Some disagreement over if you are only having 1 pots worth and and as a meal not snack then it may be free. Others saying if you are eating them and stil losing why worry? But remember this tweak if your weight slows down. LOTS of opinions on this one!! Xxx

Wow! Thanks for all that info, I do appreciate it. I only ever do a 'fist sized' potato and Hubbs and I share them. There are a load of crisps out of that one tattie however. Make no wonder Walkers could afford to pay Linekar to advertise their product! :))))))) Well done on your weightloss so far, 'I dream slim' Keep it up...well after the camping trip anyway.

Powla said:
Wow! Thanks for all that info, I do appreciate it. I only ever do a 'fist sized' potato and Hubbs and I share them. There are a load of crisps out of that one tattie however. Make no wonder Walkers could afford to pay Linekar to advertise their product! :))))))) Well done on your weightloss so far, 'I dream slim' Keep it up...well after the camping trip anyway.

Pleasure and thankyou!! It realy does work but I'm very much stil getting my head around it!! Xx

Some great ideas on here, I have been doing SW for 5 months and have lost 1 1/2 stone. I have got another stone to go but have ground to a bit of a holt. Going back to basics this week and am a bit shocked at the sneaky syns I have been eating :/
Need low syn snack ideas, is a whole bag of rainbow drops only 2 syns? Gonna try mixing an options in to a 0% mmmmm

Seemingly, The aforementioned S/W crisps are 3&1/2 syns per 28g. I did read it on this site over the past couple of days...Don't ask me where though. I am still a bit of a novice with it all.I am sure it will all gradually fit into place one day...I maybe 92 and past caring about losing weight, but Hey Ho!!

Does anyone know syns in malteasers?

I read on here yesterday that rainbow drops are 4 syns in a small 33g bag if that helps

33g bag has 4.5syns.

Sorry if this isnt the right place to post this.......but I heard a lovely rumour that a bottle of JP Chanet wine (my fav) was only 12 sysns?!!?
PLease tell me its true ....hehehe

jacill said:
Sorry if this isnt the right place to post this.......but I heard a lovely rumour that a bottle of JP Chanet wine (my fav) was only 12 sysns?!!?
PLease tell me its true ....hehehe

Well I guess its still a "treat"! I don't know if its true but if it is I will be buying some! X

Back