Good Snacks to eat with little syns?

Sainsburys have now changed the ingredients for the marshmallows which makes them 8 cals each so half a syn each!! x

Is that the sugarfree ones?! Rubbish if so, I just stocked up on 3 bags!!

Crap, I've got the new ones! :( Might write to Sainsburys and ask them to switch back, that's doubled the calories in them!! May as well just have proper ones....

I have written to Sainbsurys demanding to know why they have changed the recipe and asking if we can have the old recipe back :D Please all do it and they might bow to consumer pressure!!

I'm really craving chocolate! I've got 7.5 syns left for the day, boyfriend is off out to get some beer for himself in a bit. Not sure what to have! Any suggestions?

Curly wurly and a flump for 7.5 :)

Yes, definitely wanting chocolate! I don't think I've seen curly wurlys only fudges :(

Re: Low Syn Treats

I got a Daim, yummy! Will be going through the thread for low syn ideas but do you have any favourites?

My choice is usually curly wurlys or flump a lol that any they were my first suggestion! Either that or got for the full whack and getaway peanut butter kit kat for 14syns, so worth it though! Mikado are quite good too! half a syn per stick and they cure the biscuit and chocolate craving in one go :) How many syns is the daim?

I love chomps! They're 5.5 each, but take a while to eat and feel really indulgent; definitely a really good alternative to a Curly Wurly, which I seem to find very few places sell. A finger of fudge is 5.5 syns too (just enough to give yourself a treat!), but I find that goes a bit quickly and feels like 5.5 syns, whereas a Chomp feels like 10! A Daim is 7.5 syns, I've just discovered, which is really good too! I'll be hunting one of those out next time I'm in the shops!

For a nice savoury hit, I love popchips; a small bag is just 4.5 syns. They don't sell them in many places though, so I find Walkers baked stars (also 4.5) a good alternative.

Re: Low Syn Treats

I ate the Daim so slowly! Bought a treat bag of chocolate today, does anyone know the values of the mini chomps, buttons fudges and curly wurlys?

I'll give the pop chips a go. I really like the sweet and salty popcorn too. Not sure of syn value though.

I ate the Daim so slowly! Bought a treat bag of chocolate today, does anyone know the values of the mini chomps, buttons fudges and curly wurlys?

I'll give the pop chips a go. I really like the sweet and salty popcorn too. Not sure of syn value though.

Just noticed noone's replied to this, sorry!

Treatsize chomps and fudges are 3 each, curly wurlys are 3.5 and buttons are 4.

Caffe Nero Sweet & Salty popcorn is 6 for a 25g bag, and Tyrrells is the same, but Tesco's is 6.5 syns for 25g, so it depends on the make.

Hmmm, now I've got a sweet craving - hopefully the saintly bolognese I've just made will distract me from that! :eating:

Hope that helps :)

Chocolate!!!

Hello all,

Now, I'm sure I can't be the only one with a mega sweet tooth on here! Just sharing one of my favourite chocalatey treats with you all:

Take one sachet of Options or Cadbury's Highlights (flavour of your choice) and make up according to packet instructions = 2 syns

I could stop here as I find these yummy enough on their own and they satisfy my sweet cravings in the evening. However, try this:

Add two marshmallows = 2 syns and microwave for 20-30 seconds. Watch like a hawk as it tends to overflow!

The marshmallows melt into this wonderful, sugary goo which mixes into the foam on the top of the drink and makes it feel 4 times as indulgent!

4 syns for the whole drink!

Let me know what you think! :)

Hello all,

Now, I'm sure I can't be the only one with a mega sweet tooth on here! Just sharing one of my favourite chocalatey treats with you all:

Take one sachet of Options or Cadbury's Highlights (flavour of your choice) and make up according to packet instructions = 2 syns

I could stop here as I find these yummy enough on their own and they satisfy my sweet cravings in the evening. However, try this:

Add two marshmallows = 2 syns and microwave for 20-30 seconds. Watch like a hawk as it tends to overflow!

The marshmallows melt into this wonderful, sugary goo which mixes into the foam on the top of the drink and makes it feel 4 times as indulgent!

4 syns for the whole drink!

Let me know what you think! :)

Ooh that sounds lovely, I used to chop up a flump on top of my hot choc but never thought of melting it in! Btw flumps are only 1,5 syns so could see yourself half a syn! Thanks for the tip though will def try that! X

Back