Got 11 stone to lose :-(

bex310788

Hi guys, my names Rebecca, i am 25 years old and I am just going into my third week, started at 22 stone 8 and am currently at 21 stone 13 so a long way to go but I am not going to give up this time. Joining here for extra motivation and to chat to people in the same boat. Thanks :) xxx

Think of yourself a year from now! Make yourself proud, it's really not that difficult once you get a rhythm of things. You can do this, no sweat.

Thanks guys, I am just doing it myself and sticking to 1300 calories per day which I think is about right, tried ww before but not keen on it. I am recording everything , good and bad , on my fitness pal app which is really helping me.

Hi Bex, i have a similar amount of weight to lose as you. Supposedly 7st12 is a good weigh for me for my height, i am only 5'1 but i would be happy with 10st ( 15st stone sounds light to me today lol)

Was just thinking of the things i am looking forward to........things like my thighs not sticking to the sides of a bath, or walking into a restaurant and worrying about having to squash through people who are seated lol

From experience (and I think lots of others would agree), 1300 calories is on the low side.

I'd suggest 1500 calories at least if you weigh 23st, maybe more. You don't want to put your body into starvation mode, otherwise you're in an awful situation.

I started at just 1500 which is pretty low for a man, then I upped it to 1800 and I haven't changed it since.

From experience (and I think lots of others would agree), 1300 calories is on the low side.

I'd suggest 1500 calories at least if you weigh 23st, maybe more. You don't want to put your body into starvation mode, otherwise you're in an awful situation.

I started at just 1500 which is pretty low for a man, then I upped it to 1800 and I haven't changed it since.

Sorry to go off topic but I found your signature so inspiring! You've done amazingly, I hope you don't mind if I steal your idea and put some targets in my own sig.

Sorry to go off topic but I found your signature so inspiring! You've done amazingly, I hope you don't mind if I steal your idea and put some targets in my own sig.

Thank you :) Fine by me, go for it! Setting targets is very healthy!

Yeah I wasn't sure about 1300, might put it up to 1500 for now

Thank you :)

I have a lot to loose lost just short of 2 stone this year through excercise and ww now doin slim and save to kick start again x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Sinead2005 said:
Hi Bex, i have a similar amount of weight to lose as you. Supposedly 7st12 is a good weigh for me for my height, i am only 5'1 but i would be happy with 10st ( 15st stone sounds light to me today lol)

Was just thinking of the things i am looking forward to........things like my thighs not sticking to the sides of a bath, or walking into a restaurant and worrying about having to squash through people who are seated lol

Lol I have them not to look Forward too and bbqs
Where I stand all day cause font want up risk sitting on plastic chairs x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hehe that sounds familiar to me too x

It's easy done when you've got the motivation, just don't let anything get you down. Well done on your loss so far, keep it up and you'll be there before you know it! :)

Thank you guys :) I am definitely feeling a lot more determined than I ever have in the past

Then now is definitely the right time! I have been hugely overweight all of my life and hovered between 22st and 25st since my daughter was born. 6 years ago! Something Jay clicked around Christmas last year and I am now nearly 7st down and wearing a size 16 rather than a size 26! I also have discovered a live off exercise I never thought possible!!!

If I can get this far anyone can. I still want to lose another 5st but I don't doubt now that I can do it!

Sent from my GT-I8190N using MiniMins.com mobile app

That's very good to here, I have always been overweight as well , started 4 weeks ago at 22.8 and now 21.8. Also joining the gym next weekend which I am looking forward to but a bit nervous as well, more scared that people will stare at me :-/

Back