got 244 days left how am i gonna do it ????????

HERTS_FEM26

i did lighterlife september 2009 and i did exceptionally well. dropped 6 stone within 14 weeks but within 3 months it was all back on +4 stone extra. i am now on cambridge and i desperately want to lose the weight. i did look into the gastric by pass but i would rather do it this way although i am wondering how i am gonna continue this for 35 weeks. i am just finishing my 1st week

Dont look at what you have left - look at what you have done!

Huge well done for week 1 - it will soon be week 2 then 3 and so on!

U need to make hundreds of mini goals so you arent looking at a black hole ahead !!

Xx

Hi I did pretty much the same as u with LL and now have 8+ stone to lose, am on day 2 of CD, how much did u lose in your first week? xxx

i will complete week 1 at midnight on sunday. i have lost 15lb since sunday midnight, i wish it would happen like that every week :) i have 13 stone to lose, well i guess i should say 12 stone to lose :) . i hate having that much to lose

Weight Loss - Diet Ticker

The first week is always the hardest and when you have had a good big loss like this one it will motivate you forward to the next weigh in day.

If you go to your User CP on the blue bar at the top of the page and on the menu bar there...if you scroll down you will see edit signature if you click on this you can put your weight ticker into your signature, that way it will automatically appear in all your future posts.

Shanny has started A Valentine's Day Challenge that you might like to join, here is the link below.

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/182547-valentines-day-challenge.html

good luck in your weight loss journey x

Hey Hun, fistly well done on your 15lb loss that is fantastic. When you have a lot to lose it can seem overwhelming so like Lauren says set yourself loads of mini goals - these will be a huge motivator along the way.

I also recommend you take your photos and measurements, they are a brilliant way of 'seeing' how far you have come.

Most of all it is achievable I started with 15st 7lbs to lose and 39 weeks in I am almost 12st 7lbs down. After a while the diet becomes a way of life, it does get easier and and once you see your weight tumbling there will be no bigger incentive than that to keep going.

Stay strong xx

I agree with LL, I have set myself a series of mini goals this time, and after having just been good for the 1st Friday and Saturday since December 2009(cos even when I went back on it after xmas 09 always had a drink and low carb food at weekends-hence just maintaining the loss for 5/6 months before the big pile on) I really feel like I can do this again! My strategy is being 100% to a special occassion, having a planned off plan time/meal then straight back on the horse-may take me a bit longer but for me personally there is method in my madness which I won't bore everyone with.
However my 1st goal is to be 100% til Euro disney 28th-31st Jan,then straight back on track and lose as much as I can until a belated valentines meal and drinks with husb on 26th Feb....14th too close to being off plan for Euro Dis, then back on plan to lose as much as I can for Mother's day then til Easter Sunday etc....sorry I did bore everyone with some of my goals.
x

hi ladies day 5 of cambridge , so pleased with myslef i didt think i could do it but i am , i was reading posts above and i did think the smaller goals where a brill idea, i myself did lighterlife and lost 3 stone only to put it back on , so ere i am again ss , ive done cambridge before but never been able to stick to it , let alone get started so jan i decide i would give it another go but with a different cambridge lady whosssssss lovely , so eres to a new year new me, hopefully for the last time , good luck all we can do it were so worth it xxxxxxxx

Hello and welcome to CD you will get there in time. Have a good read of peoples diaries and the advice form Awaken ME (sharon) is one of many people who has done amazingly well.!
Good luck to you xx

i did lighterlife september 2009 and i did exceptionally well. dropped 6 stone within 14 weeks but within 3 months it was all back on +4 stone extra. i am now on cambridge and i desperately want to lose the weight. i did look into the gastric by pass but i would rather do it this way although i am wondering how i am gonna continue this for 35 weeks. i am just finishing my 1st week

Hi hun, welcome to Cambridge and well done on getting through your first week!

got 244 days left how am I gonna do it ????????

One day at a time. :) Seriously. Every time that little voice in your head says, "But that's a really long time!" tell it to bog off. Because it isn't. It's way less than a year. And that 244 days is going to pass whether you do Cambridge or not. 244 days from now, if you just keep taking it one day at a time, you're not going to recognise yourself. You'll see your image in a CCTV camera at the front of a shop and think, 'Who's that slim person?' - then realise it's you! :D

I know what you mean about the gastric band - I thought about that myself when I was at my biggest. But think about it this way - if you have one fitted, you'll be having milkshakes and soups for ever, not just 244 days.

You can do this hun - we can all do this. And you can bet that we'll all be here, cheering you on - cheering us all on - every step of the way!

:grouphugg:

Welcome and Well done on losing 15lbs!! That`s BRILL!! :D Xxx

Welcome hun, you have had a 1st week great weight loss. It is hard at 1st but when you see week by week the lbs dropping of and not forgetting the inches you will be so dedicated in reaching your goal. I set a goal for each week this week is to loose 10lbs but if it dosnt happen I know for definate the less I loose the inches I have lost will make up for it.

All the best on your CD journey x

Hey all thanks for ur lovely comments its nice to hear sometimes, i think that is how i stuck to ll for 16 weeks cause i had the forum to go into everyday. When you are going through a life changing thing you need ppl who support you and are going through it themselves. Everyone seems to be doing so well. Lets all keep it up. I was stopping and starting losing weight until inbetween christmas and new year my 4 yr old daughter came into my room and said "was she going to be tall like me "to which i replied yes and she said "oo goody and i can be fat like you too." that kinda made me realise my mistakes and the fact i need them changed. :)

Hi Herts Fem26 --

Welcome back and good on you for making this big commitment. I, too, am a LL alumna -- and regained some of what I lost and decided to go the CD route to do it. Because we know it works to get it off.

The time will go and it will all be so worth it. There is a thread where people are discussing their plans for after reaching goal -- it might be worthwhile to read through it and start thinking aobut when you get to goal what you will do to stay there. i know I am formulating a plan for myself... I lost, regained -- I have to lose it then do something different this time.

Good Luck -- and how awesome to lose over a stone in one week!!!

MM

hi yea it was so hard to deal with putting all my weight + more on again. i have already sorted what i am going to do after i have done i am going to start weight watchers or slimming world so i can learn to do portion control and work what can keep me slim and some that obviously wont lol

Back