got the first 2 weeks Atkins Diet book

hsheehan

I was on LL for a year and lost 7 stones yes great loss but old habits die hard and i gained 3 stones back in a few months!! got lots of clothes that dont fit me AGAIN!! so fed up of this consent weight issue. I have just received the Atkins book the first 2 weeks i am hoping to follow this for a couple of weeks and get some good results is there anyone out there that have started or going to start soon perhaps we can help each other out thanks for looking.

Hello. I've been attempting to do Atkins for the last 2 weeks but when I weighed yesterday I had gained 2lb. Halfway through yesterday I caved and had a sandwich and packet of crisps, partly because I was fed up and partly because I had been feeling weak all day.
I'm off out drinking on Saturday and so I plan to restart on Sunday. I have all the right foods in so I'm all set.
If you like we can help each other stay focussed.

Hi

I'm on slim and save at the mo (been doing exante for the last month) and have also done LL in the past, I hope to start Atkins when I'm back from holiday on te 27th july. Just dreading the holiday as don't want to undo all my hard work! Bought the main Atkins book ad been having a read, so hoping to try and stick to induction foods AFAP when on hols. So in the same boat really.

Feeling weak - the usual culprits are - not enough fat intake, not enough salt intake, not enough water intake, calories too low. Any of those sound possible?

Bet you was gutted! you cant change what you have done so draw a line and start again have a good night on Saturday and i hope you give it another go on Sunday. its a bit of a mine field with carbs and net carbs? and you might think you are following the diet ok but there are hidden carbs in a lot of foods even bloody veg good luck keep me posted.

Hi Mrsglas81, its scary when you start to eat food again like a kid in a sweet shop! its easy when you are on vlcd you don't have worry about food did you get anything out of the LL counseling? i thought it was a glorified slimming class and very pricey. i would never pay over 70 pounds a week again the only thing i learnt was carbs are the food of the devil lol thats why i am going to give Atkins a go have a great holiday eat plenty of meat fish and proteins and you should be ok .

Hi hsheehan-

Net carbs don't exist in the uk, they're an American thing. Please don't deduct fibre from the total carb count if you are following Atkins in the UK.

Can anyone please give me advice on atkins and what the 1st 2 weeks i will be allowed i read somewhere you are allowed a certain amount of carbs but i thought it was net carbs you counted i am starting tomorrow as i have nothing on in next 2 weks so it will be no alcohol for me difficult one as i like my wine on a saturday with a takeaway lol Any or loads of advice would be great Thank you all Meg xx

Net carbs are something that you need to know about if you live in the US. Over here the nutrition labelling is different - here in the UK, the carbs you count are the carbs on the label. Forget about net carbs. ;)

Have a read of the sticky at the top of the board: So You're Thinking of Starting Atkins. That's a good place to start, lots of info for you.

It is also a good idea to get yourself a copy of the book. There is a new one: New Atkins New You - this is the one that people refer to nowadays.

Remember it is important to have sensible portion sizes. Remember also to be careful you are getting enough fats, this is because the ration of protein to fat needs to be right, in order to get fat burning going properly. And you should be getting 12 - 15 grams of carb from appropriate veg.

Thank you so much for your answer i may be coming back and fore with more questions til i get the hang of it x

Hi Meg i am starting tomorrow 15th july the 2 week induction i want to lose 2 stone before i go to Ibiza i have 11 weeks to go it should be possible i have been restricting my carb intake for the last couple of days so hopefully i will get into ketosis quicker we will see! i will stay on the induction for about 4 weeks it says in the book that you can stay on the induction bit longer than 2 weeks. Hope you get on ok with your start perhaps we can exchange feelings tips ect?
Good Luck Helen.

Hi Neonic
user-offline.png
How are you doing did you get back on the Diet? i have been on the induction since Monday i haven't been hungry so thats good because most Diets you go on you fall off the wagon because you are still hungry.
Its hard to get my head in the right place on Atkins because of all the high fat foods i feel i am cheating with every mouthful bloody nice mouthfuls they are to lol hope you are back in control.
Helen.

Back