GP receptionist :(

NN89

Sexy Member
I just rang up my GP's to ask for an appointment to see the nurse to get another batch of vouchers for countdown- and she started laughing when i mentioned slimming world, as if i was really stupid for wanting to go see the doctors about loosing weight, it was a really malicous laugh!

Should I complain? Anyone else been treated like this from members of the public?

That is awful. Very unprofessional and I would certainly complain.
Even if she didn't know what you were talking about, she shouldn't laugh and should find out for you.
How rude.

How dare she :mad:

I hope you got her name.
Yes I would complain about her, when you phone back ask for the name of the practise manager and write to that person.

make sure you dont tell switchboard why you want the managers name.

Complain! There is a training school that turns out these women, I swear. The ones that don't work for a GP get jobs at the Post Office. ;)

What are countdown vouchers?

In some NHS trusts if you have a BMI over 30, you can see your pratice nurse and obtain countdown vouchers, which give you 12 weeks free of slimming world- you need to show dedication, and have stuck at it

in the 12 weeks ive been on CD, i've lost just a stone, so am not 100% sure if i'll get another batch :cry:

Make a complaint!! :mad: That's awful!! How disrespectful and down right rude!!

That's awful!! How dare she treat ANY patient like that, no matter what they want to see a Dr or a nurse for!! Yup, definitely comaplain.

I'm going to my Dr's on Monday and thinking of asking him about the GP referral thing to SW. I'm doing SW by myself from home, but think the classes could really help. I just can't afford it as I'm not in work. I think my BMI is around 31, so could be worth a try? :eek:

Hope you're ok. That can't have been very nice at all. What an evil woman *shakes angry fist*
Kelly.x

I would definitely complain. You are sharing some very personal information with a receptionist when you call your GP. How dare she laugh at you!

Complain! I phoned the surgery to book an app when I found out I was pregnant, expecting to be told what I need to do with regards to seeing the doctor and getting registered with a midwife, so I asked to see the doc, said that I just found out I'm pregnant and the receptionist said "so..?" !!! Omg, I swear that's not the right answer! Lol. Xx

Deffo complain, that is downright rude! What a cow! They are supposed to support patients who are trying to help themselves!

Don't listen to her honey!! x

Yep, complain and soon!!

I currently have a job app in to become a Dr's receptionist, but I vow not to be like that snotty cow! (if I get the job, of course!)

You must absolutely complain that is so unacceptable! That receptionist is obviously in the wrong job

In some NHS trusts if you have a BMI over 30, you can see your pratice nurse and obtain countdown vouchers, which give you 12 weeks free of slimming world- you need to show dedication, and have stuck at it

I've just rung my Drs to ask whether they do this, and after a bit of pushing, I discovered that they *do* but that it wouldn't be free and it would be just like buying my own countdown from class *BOOO*

Back