GP receptionist :(

How rude!! Defo complain, some people just have no respect for others x

I've just rung my Drs to ask whether they do this, and after a bit of pushing, I discovered that they *do* but that it wouldn't be free and it would be just like buying my own countdown from class *BOOO*

Sorry got to comment on this but what is the point of them doing it if it is no different than buying the countdown in class? Or have I misunderstood? I know the surgery I go to does them for free

Sorry got to comment on this but what is the point of them doing it if it is no different than buying the countdown in class? Or have I misunderstood? I know the surgery I go to does them for free

To begin with she was telling me that no, they didn;t do anything like that...but then I explained that I knew someone from elsewhere in the country that did it and she put me on hold and went to ask. She came back and said that they do something called Active Life (or summut) which is a weekly or monthly weight in, and you can get referred onto SW from them - but she then said it's not free and all you'd get is a reduced weekly rate at SW. So, either she's still got her facts wrong, or it's a swizz here.

To begin with she was telling me that no, they didn;t do anything like that...but then I explained that I knew someone from elsewhere in the country that did it and she put me on hold and went to ask. She came back and said that they do something called Active Life (or summut) which is a weekly or monthly weight in, and you can get referred onto SW from them - but she then said it's not free and all you'd get is a reduced weekly rate at SW. So, either she's still got her facts wrong, or it's a swizz here.

or she's a crappy gp receptionist..!

Oh I see I think! It's just one of my pet peeves when people are charged for something that in other parts of the country people are getting for free (both one of my friends and my brother got them for free). I will stop there before I get on my high horse (never pretty and I usually end up offending people when I really don't mean to)

Anyway seems rather complicated but if that is the way they do it!

Liz

Well, I have no intention of going through the Drs, as it's not going to save me any money lol
I started SW on my own, and then told my Dr, so I've lost this weight independently of them and plan to continue to do so, ignoring their suggestions of bloody diet pills as well! lol

Well, I have no intention of going through the Drs, as it's not going to save me any money lol
I started SW on my own, and then told my Dr, so I've lost this weight independently of them and plan to continue to do so, ignoring their suggestions of bloody diet pills as well! lol

Fair enough. Just realised how much you have lost and on your own - that is absolutely fantastic.

Best wishes for the future

Heya, I'm sure u know better than me cos u were on the recieveing end of the phone call. but are u sure she was laughin as in mocking you or maybe it was a laugh of understanding cos she was there too. The reason i say this is i work in a gp surgery. I'm not a receptionsit though. But nearly all the receptionists at my practice are on some sort of a diet. Whether it be slimming world or weight watchers or something. We talk about diets a lot. So maybe she was laughing because she was in the same boat as you. I couldn't imagine any of our recpeitonsits laughing at something like that. But then again u do get some really snooty ppl in this world

x

ive had a horrible snotty nurse before who absolutely LOVED telling me my bmi was in the overweight zone. i was 10stone 4 and a size 12. she was ALOT bigger than me and said it in a high and mighty very rude way. i hate it when people are rude like that aswell, hope youve made a complaint

I'm not saying that this is what happened in this instance but I think that sometime when we are overweight and feeling bad about ourselves we can project that on to other people. We hear what they say and then add a context or meaning that fits in with our own negative body and mental image.

You know how it goes - someone asks if you've lost weight and instead of saying "yes, thank you for noticing", that little voice in your head says "she must be saying that because she thinks I'm really fat and need to lose weight".

Back