gradually going back onto food

Angela1

Silver Member
Although I am 6 lbs away from where my CDC would like me to be before reintroducing food, she has finally suggested that I do. I have the most serious constipation that I have ever had and prescription meds are having some trouble shifting it. I have not properly lost weight now for 6-7 weeks which on SS should be impossible. I have lost 2lbs,gained 1.5 etc. In reality I haven't shifted much since before Christmas.

I have some questions though. Some of the problem is obviously bowel related but why have I gained 4lbs so far this week when all I am doing this week is SS+ with lots of water?

Will this kickstart my system?

Will I lose anymore weight. I would be happier nearer to 10st.

Last edited:
I hope I don't come across as too blunt, but you can carry around a lot of weight in your intestines if you are constipated. I expect that if you are able to get things to move, you'll be quite surprised.

I once had an unfortunate toilet incident (warning, I use the s-word), and learned that my intestines held almost 3 lbs of poop!

I think once you get your bowels moving again, you'll continue to lose weight just as long as you keep your total calories below what you burn off by daily living and exercise.

Back