Graduation 2010

definetley counts!!!

and i think i have gained weight....feeling like a blimp - weight in is tommorow. Going to make sure i do it 1st thing (wearing light weight clothing). but i dont think i will have done well....to much sitting at the computer means i am just not working anything off at the moment.

I graduate in September so would love to be into normal sized clothes by then. I bought a dress last summer for the graduation I ended up not going to, and while it's cute, I'd love to be able to say that it's far too big for me. I've decided that if I manage to lose the weight I'm really going to go to town on looking good for the ceremony and taking lots of pics and showing them off! :D

One thing I'm really happy about at the moment is that my weight loss is continuing even when I'm doing assignments. I put on so much weight last year because of sugar highs on all nighters and my dissertation was probably a couple of stone's worth at least. Now I just need to concentrate on getting some good essay marks, easier said than done!

well i managed to loose 2lb last week despite my assignments. however the univserity itself is plotting against me today. i set myself up in the library, started searching for books and when i came back - someone had stolen my cup of coffee. its silly they will let you have drinks bottle of sticky pop, and half the people have cans of pop i had a cup with a lid on it and they stole it.

The vending machine best have a sugar free option or else ill be at that counter demanding my money to be reimbursed for them binning it!

i want to be at least 2 stones lighter for my graduation, bit more if i can manage it. Not sure how i will look at 11stone or less as i have really wide hips and quite big bones. Bt we will see!!!

good luck to everyone and i hope that the january assignments/exams arent going too poorley.

Well done on the weight loss :).
I'm kinda freaking out about how I would look at 11 stone as well as that's my target too. All of the women in my family have massive hips and I've got pretty big shoulders too so it could be interesting...
I'm even wondering if my face could look weird at that weight. Oh well, hopefully I'll find out soon!

I graduate this year too. And I do NOT want to be fat in photos that will haunt my life forever!

Good to hear from you too caroline :) I had a nosey at your pics and wow you've lost a lot already! Keep it up!

I'm essay writing at the moment, and I'm not entirely sure how I'm managing to get through it without my usual chocolate fixes! Although I have been distracted enough to buy two! pairs of shoes :S
I need to find more healthy snacks! I eat healthily when it comes to meals but not being keen on fruit/raw veg makes snacks a little more difficult. Frozen grapes are at hand at the moment but they aren't quite doing it for me haha

Ah yeah but they don't show that I put on weight since then! I lost 2 and a half last summer, put on one and a half between July and now, and started back again last week, and I'm now two stone off where I was before I started last summer. Finding it a bit difficult today, but keep reminding myself why I'm doing it!

How are you doing? What are you doing at university? Are you loving dissertation work?!

Aww, well I'm sure you're back on track now! I have to constantly remind myself why I want to lose weight, have you seen the thread where everyone lists their reasons? As well as the success threads that helps me.

I'm doing German and Music (Comb honours) so I don't have to do a dissertation at the moment :D:D:D - I did one in German during my year abroad. Although I am doing classical performance, which is an equiv of a dissertation for music.
Things aren't too bad at the moment but the majority of my modules are examined in semester 2 thanks to the dodgy restructuring of the music dept. So I'm expecting things to get a lot more stressful than they are at the moment.
What are you studying? What's your dissertation in?

I haven't no, I'll take a look. Struggling today but getting there!

Ahh I see, nice to not have a dissertation then! So next semester won't be too great then huh, good luck with it! I'm doing Event Management, it's amazing to think that I haven't got long left now, it's what... 4 months! Has flown by in a way, but at the same time seems to have been forever. My dissertation is a case study comparison on music festival evaluation. Using Glastonbury and Reading so means I've got to travel to Glastonbury on Friday to interview the MD there, Reading office is in London so it's not too bad.

YEah am finding it quite interesting, helps keep me motivated in getting it done!

Back