Gravy or Fat from Roast?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Meli, 12 February 2010 Social URL.

1. Meli

Meli Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st11.6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I made a roasted Peri Peri Chicken with Potatoes yesterday (no oil added and was delicious). Still have some left today, but wondering if I can use that Jelly looking stuff (is it fat?) to use as gravy for my rice?
    Thanks!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Ooh, interesting question! No idea!!
    I think possibly yes, if there was no fat on the chicken when cooked then it is just stock is it not? Like those gel stock pot thingys?

4. Meli

Meli Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st11.6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    There was no skin on the chicken and I just marinated it in peri peri seasoning and just put a little water when it went in the oven and covered with foil, so no idea what that jelly looking stuff is?

5. Becca Wecca

Becca Wecca skinny minny here I come!

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I think it's just the juices, if you removed all visible fat i'm presuming it should be ok and no fat, if there was fat in them though it would go to the top which should be easily skimmed off x

6. Mel2

Mel2 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st11lb
    Current Weight:
    17st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(11.91%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I must admit to always using all the juices when I roast a chicken if it's been cooked in a fat free method or with frylight. I figure like Jaylou said above that the jelly etc is just basically like what is in a stock pot. Also if you were to break a chicken up and stick it in a pot with water and veg etc to make a soup you'd be eating all the juices which came out for free so what's the difference?

7. Meli

Meli Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st11.6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    That's great because I'm using it today with my rice :) Thanks for the replies!

8. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    The juices which come from a chicken when it is cooked will naturally turn to a jelly when chilled. Any fat will have risen to the surface and is easily removed with a spoon. The difference between the jelly and the fat will be easy to see.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.