Gravy

Zoesastar

Silver Member
At a push, i mean like 1 tsp every now and then, would a reduced salt or wheat free gravy be ok to use?

Probably no due to salt content and potato starch but just a weeeeeeny portion!!??

WELL between you and I, I have had the odd sneaky steak and ale pie (just the filling and it's lean meat - no pastry) and veggies and have still lost weight each week - I mean occasional - like once a month and it has been fine but true Dukaners would be sticking with a resounding 'NO'!!!!

I know its a good thing but i find it hard to be naughty. Ive been 100% every day so far and dont really use any tollerateds!

Well I don't see why not - try it and see. Ive probably had bisto once a week since starting and its not really made much difference. So long as you don't stick loads of flour and fat in it, can't see a problem.

CheeseGirl said:
Have you considered making stock from a low-fat cube and thickening it with agar agar (no fat, no sugar, no carbs)? This might satisfy the gravy craving :)

Oh i havent got a gravy craving would just be nice to use as a flavouring and have a bit of sauce!

Back