Great fruit gadgets

lorraineA

Silver Member
I have been meaning to buy a pineapple corer and a mango splitter for ages and finally did so at the weekend. They are fab - especially the pineapple corer - got fresh sliced pineapple in about 1 minute and it was delicious - especially as it was only 69p from Aldi. The corer was about £8 but I reckon it will very soon pay for itself as I used to buy pineapples and leave them to waste as it was too much hassle. Now, it's even fun to use the gadget - it may even burn off a few calories lol

I LOVE my pineapple corer. In fact I am ridiculously obessed! t's soo easy!

And like you Lorraine I always used to waste them as I'd buy them with the bext of intentions and never get round to prepping them. Criminal really isn't it?

Next on my list of gadgets is a potato ricer!

Mmm you have me thinking now of a potato ricer too - seen these on Come dine with me - they make the mash really soft and lump free very easily right?

lorraineA said:
Mmm you have me thinking now of a potato ricer too - seen these on Come dine with me - they make the mash really soft and lump free very easily right?

I have one & its brilliant. No lumps, and mash is creamy without butter or milk.

Pineapple corer best thing I ever bought. Also love the apple corers that cut them into wedges - but thats more used for the kids

OK, you have convinced me - will get one at next opportunity - can't wait!

Back