Great South Run 2006 Thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by icemoose, 24 September 2006 Social URL.

1. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    This is for all those mad fools that agreed we would do this!!

It is now only 4 weeks and got a mail from them yesterday saying I should be able to easily run 6 miles now.

Therefore I am about to get on my treadmill that I bought 4 years ago and do a 6 mile run.

If I am not back on here by 10pm can someone call an ambulance and send it straight to Great Yarmouth!!

Ta

M.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Shrinking Nicky

Shrinking Nicky Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Ha Ha Ha....I have decided to back out!

Training was going well BUT as a lot of you know I am expecting (17 weeks now). It would not be a problem but I simply can't run at the moment (sorry Mike if this is too much info for you) as my boobs hurt like anything - even if I am just sat down or walking!!! I thought about walking it - but decided I would rather wait & do it at some other time - properly!

Good luck to you all.
    Nicky

4. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    Out of breath...........

Well I did 7km and my legs gave in!!

I shall be back on it at 7am in the morning

M.

5. htpink

htpink CDC

How far in miles is 7km?? Well done by the way!

I managed a 5 miler on Friday - set off for an hour to see how far i could get running / walking in that time - was totally staggered when i managed to run for the whole hour and my steppy thing said 5 miles!!

I didn't get an email from them :(

6. Jazzyj

Jazzyj Member

Diet:
    Slim Fast
    OOh whilst tripping the light fantastic and strutting my stuff last night I am now hobbling a good un with sore knees. I thought my "twist" was very endearing, and was impressed with how low I could get! Think my poor joints have thought different! I'll do a gentle one 2morrow and see how they are.

7. Shrinking Nicky

Shrinking Nicky Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Just a quick note to say GOOD LUCK to everyone who is doing the run. Please let us know how you do - wish I was with you.

Nicky

8. Jazzyj

Jazzyj Member

Diet:
    Slim Fast
    Sadly I can't do the run this year after all:(
    But for those wonderful people doing it

:) :D GOOD LUCK:) :D

:cool: Enjoy:cool:

9. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    Well disaster for me!!

I have dislocated my right knee cap so am in trouble now!

My knees are both knackered from when I was big and always used to dislocated whenever I did any sport!

So looks like I shall be hobbling round the course!! Off to sports world now to get a good knee strap and also some freeze spray

M.

10. Jazzyj

Jazzyj Member

Diet:
    Slim Fast
    OMG Mike!:eek:
    How did you manage to do that?
    Let us know how you get on. Ive got my fingers and toes crossed for you.
    Nats and Hels will have to take it in turns giving you piggy backs!:p
    Look after yourself
    Jx

11. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    I got off the treadmill and Ethan had left his match magazine on the floor and I went flying on it.

All I keep thinking is that it is only 10 miles and I could just walk slowly. If it was 26 miles I would give it up as a bad job.

M.

12. Jazzyj

Jazzyj Member

Diet:
    Slim Fast
    ONLY!?!?!? LMAO

Should I nick an ASDA trolley to put you in?:p

13. Sam25

Sam25 Silver Member

Diet:
    Harcombe Diet
    Good luck Icemoose… A good knee support should help…along with max strength Nurofen… You can do it…

I have just entered the Marathon des Sables 2009… paid my £500 deposit and now have to spend two years training…

All the best.. enjoy the day.

Katie

14. Jazzyj

Jazzyj Member

Diet:
    Slim Fast
    Running in wellies!

Ohh, bless them! The Great South Run is this morning and it has been bucketing it down all the time!:eek:
    I suppose at least they won't over heat.

Hope they didn't get to cold waiting for the start whistle.

Can't wait to hear how you guys got on! Hats off to you all!:)

15. Isobel1965

Isobel1965 Gold Member

Hope you all got on ok - esp Mike with his dodgy knee!!!

xxxxxxx

16. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

How did it go?! :D

17. htpink

htpink CDC

It was fab.....if you like getting wetter than you've ever got before but a huge sense of achievement!!!

I was a little bit out of control panicking until I met up with Mike and Nat and then managed to stay calm. Rain held off until we were just queuing up to start and then it bucketed THE WHOLE 10 MILES - getting harder and harder towards the end!!!

Still at least it kept us cool! I didn't run with Mike and Nat as they were in a different wave - but I know they got round fine!

I must admit I was totally overwhelmed as I approached the start and had a little sniffle - also cried as I came over the finish line!!

I have to say I would never ever in a million trillion zillion years have imagined I could do that - even though what with one thing and another I still have a fair way to go on my weight journey - for me to exercise regularly and be fit enough to run 10 miles (I only walked about half to three quarters of a mile) is a massive achievement for me.

I feel empowered!!!!!!! Have been telling my girls if i can do that i can do anything!!!!

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

Register an account for free to disable ads in threads!
  19. Dom1979

Dom1979 Gold Member

WELL DONE HELS!!!!!!!! You rock!

20. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Congratulations
    Irene xx

21. dizzy-n-mizzy

dizzy-n-mizzy Not dieting ATM!

Diet:
    Together we lost 8 stone on CD.
    Congratulations HTPink

What an achievement and the longest cold shower you've ever had to boot!

Hope you sleep well.
    Dizzy x

22. Diva

Diva Cambridge Diet Counsellor

I feel so happy for you, hun....well done!!! :D :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.