Big G to Great South Run Participant 2013

Fingers crossed, there is a light flickering in the distance.

Hope you had a good weekend? !

Fingers crossed, there is a light flickering in the distance.

Hope you had a good weekend? !

As long as there's light there's hope....

My weekend was good thanks, plenty of sun :).

My training's going great but eating has been poor, very poor :-(!!

How poor I'll find out in an hour or so....

Yup! I have no idea what my weight is. Within 30 mins my dad's scales put me at 18st 5 and tesco scales at 16st 10lb!! Slight difference!!! So completely clueless as to my actual weight. Hope I am in the 17's somewhere, but fear I may have crept back in to the 18's.

Daughters actual birthday is today. Currently sat in very hot salon getting her toe nails painted! Not entirely sure how that happened. Off for dinner in Southsea shortly, then diet needs to start again tomorrow!! Want at least half a stone off before my holiday

Where are you hiding? Please come by and say hi!

I am feeling pretty low at the moment. Relentless passion and tiredness are breaking me :( back to the Dr on Monday after having some blood taken Tuesday.

Contemplating going back to training tomorrow on the basis that exercise improves my mood and might make me feel better. Might not of course, might go horribly wrong... hmm. Also need to address my eating. Was doing vlcd before, but that is not an option right now. Going to cut the carbs right back though as the sugar cravings are ridiculous! So going to aim for 1200 cals a day and keep the carbs below 50g and see how that goes for a week. First few days will be tough but I know it works for me. Weight is holding steady but at the rate I am eating that won't continue for long. And who knows, maybe it will make me feel a bit better!

I'm here, just extremely busy working, training & eating....

Eating the wrong foods that is....

I hope you do get back on it, I need a bit of a boost....

It's getting to easy to "Cheat", I am no longer feeling guilty....

I am worse on training rest days!!

Got a weekend away next weekend then 3 months to get my finger out & lose weight/train hard for the Great South Run....

Need to get a plan in place!!

Yup. I signed up to run it too at the beginning of the year in a fit of madness... Need to get sufficiently well to do a bit of training beforehand!!! Arghhh. Not built to run, what was I thinking???

I signed up the minute last years race finished....

So many posts on Facebook & I have always said I want to do the run so just went for it!!

I used to be good at running, but now at 21 stone my aim is to get around under 2 hours....

I'm up to 5 miles so if I keep progressing I should be ok, he says!!

Ha ha. I'd say meet you at the finish line but you'd be waiting quite some time... probably be dark before I finish!!!!

Ha ha. I'd say meet you at the finish line but you'd be waiting quite some time... probably be dark before I finish!!!!

As soon as I finish I'm getting me medal & running to the Pub!!!!

My weeks holiday starts when I cross that finish line, if I don't put on a stone I will have failed....

I have put in 1hr 45-1hr 50 as my expected time so I hope to be in the middle group....

Ha ha! I put in over two hours... There wasn't an over five hours option!!! Was meant to do race for life this weekend but ill health has put paid to that! Though fingers crossed I have felt better today than I have in a good 6 weeks! Won't believe it though unless it continues for a few days!!!

Have started a new diary to mark the beginning of the next stage of my diet. Banging head ache tonight so hoping that is a sign of carb withdrawal! Hoping to see some results next Friday. Amazed to say that just getting back in to diet mode I have felt less hungry today. Have drunk a lot of water today which may also be helping me feel better of course

Today's diet consists of Strongbow Pear x 4, Biscuits, Crisps & Sweets....

Not good but needs must!!!

Job assessment, possible interview & holiday next week so no chance of keeping to the diet....

My diet re-starts on Tuesday 30th July, 3 months of hard training for the run!!

Don't blame you. Just had a massive low carb dinner of burgers and salad and low carb "cheesecake" for pud. Yum.

Well done! I almost threw in the towel for a Krispy Kreme earlier but managed to stay strong :)

Snap but without the run for me!

Caught the sun... it's a bit warm here today!!! Even got my legs out! They remain snow white but the rest of me has caught a bit of sun. Good practice, we are off to Majorca in a few weeks. Can't bloody wait

Back to gp for me tomorrow after blood tests last week. Anticipate they will just tell me the bloods are fine and they don't know what it wrong and just get on with it... grr.

Asked nurse at gp if I could weigh myself this morning. Tesco put me at 16st 10 (I wish!) And dad's scales put me at 18st 4. Was pretty sure I was somewhere in between and both scales were wrong and they are!

Gp scales put me at 17st 9lb. So that is a 7st loss exactly and means I have regained 2lb since I stopped my diet 2 months ago!!!!

Asked nurse at gp if I could weigh myself this morning. Tesco put me at 16st 10 (I wish!) And dad's scales put me at 18st 4. Was pretty sure I was somewhere in between and both scales were wrong and they are!

Gp scales put me at 17st 9lb. So that is a 7st loss exactly and means I have regained 2lb since I stopped my diet 2 months ago!!!!

2lb ain't to bad for 2 months off diet!!

I've had 3 days off diet & I've prob put on half a stone!!

Hope that's giving you the boost you require to get going again....

Yes and no. Only a couple of weeks to my holiday so not going to be too extreme, plus I started back at martial arts last night! Managed 50 minutes of a one hour class, so pleased with that. Seems my muscles remembered what to do so not too broken this morning. Hoping to grade at the beginning of August, having missed the last two chances to grade! But that means I really need to get focused and get back to it properly between now and then. Hoping that three hours of martial arts plus not going too nuts on the food front will be enough to shift a couple of lb before my holiday.

Anticipate being pretty active on holiday - I love to swim so will be in the pool a lot! I am not much of a drinker so that helps! Would be awesome to maintain my weight whilst away, or even better shift a couple of lb and hopefully tone up from all the swimming. Just glad I won't have to worry about fitting in to the plane seat now!

Back