Big G to Great South Run Participant 2013

Oh should add I initially gained half a stone when I came off plan. I was 18st exactly when I stopped on 16th May. Went up to 18st 7lb in about four days, then lost another stone over about four weeks. So went down to 17st 7lb, and now hovering at 17st 9lb. As I started at 24st 9lb I am pretty happy with that! However still another 3-5 stone to lose. Want to be at target for Christmas

Martial Arts sounds good, I am looking to join Gym01 once I am close to my target if my finances allow....

They are a MMA gym with world class coaches & have fighters/trainers in the UFC which is the top MMA promotion around the world....

I can't wait to get on a plane & fit in the seat with the tray coming down fully & not resting on me belly....

I have got my plan in place....a 12 Slimming World count down the week after I come back from my weekend away....

Lower my Carb intake, up my training, add some extra weight sessions & increase my distances without stopping....

I'd just enjoy your holiday & worry about your weight when you get home, that's what I'm doing!! lol

Sounds like a good plan!

Shocking nights sleep last night. Woke about 2 and didn't really get back to sleep properly after that. So shattered now and really achey this morning. Hoping to train tonight, we shall see! I love the martial arts. I started in February with the intention of training once a week. Instead we were doing four hours a week before my operations! It helps that the group we train with are so friendly and accepting and really look out for each other. I started at 22st and no one batted an eye lid. They just want you to train to the best of your ability and be aware of your own limitations. Plus it is very family friendly so Chloe and I can train together!

Suppose I best get out of bed and in to the shower. First day of the holidays today for Chloe. So dropping her off at day camp for the day. She is very excited!

Feeling very very stressed out. Trying to get Chloe's passport issued, which isn't as straight forward as it could be and I rather left it to the last minute and now there is a problem and we fly in 16 days... argh! Job interview Friday - argh. Nothing to wear to job interview Friday as 5 dress sizes smaller than I was at my last interview! Argh! Moving house in ten days and haven't even thought about packing... or booking removals... ARGHHHHH. Money... argh!!!! No wonder my hair is falling out!

Job interview today. Been up since 4.30!

It did not go well. I completely messed it up. Was assessment centre too. Feel like a complete idiot because I got the maths question wrong, and it's a calculation I use every day! And not just a little bit wrong, sufficiently wrong that it looks like I just made up the answer. So didn't get through to interview, even worse it was for a job on the team I already work on, so now my manager knows I am a complete idiot :(

It did not go well. I completely messed it up. Was assessment centre too. Feel like a complete idiot because I got the maths question wrong, and it's a calculation I use every day! And not just a little bit wrong, sufficiently wrong that it looks like I just made up the answer. So didn't get through to interview, even worse it was for a job on the team I already work on, so now my manager knows I am a complete idiot :(

Yep I've had those assessment centres as well....

Just put it down to nerves & use it as experience for next time....

This is my 5th attempt for this Job & I keep getting to interview but blow it once there....

Loads of mock questions this week so I have some answers clear in my head....

Fingers crossed it's my time!!

Fingers crossed indeed, got to be your turn.

Off to start packing up the flat. 9th move in 6 years you'd think I'd be good at it by now!!! Packing and binning today. Need to stick a couple of bits on gumtree. Then booked Thurs and Fri off work for more packing and binning, then move Saturday morning. Family party tomorrow which rather gets in the way of everything!!!

I really hate moving, we've only moved twice but after the first move which we did ourselves, I vowed that we would use a removal company next time....

So we did and they broke our bed & took a big chunk out of our side unit....

We paid them £180 & got an insurance pay out for £400....

Today is my final "Bad" day eating wise as it's the last day of our weekend break. My body really hasn't dealt very well with all of the high fat/calorie foods I've been eating....

Back on SW tomorrow morning with a detox week (No Syn's) I think....

I don't want to step on any scales!!

Oh dear, detox week sounds like a good idea!

I went for a RUN last night! Not entirely sure what got in to me, might have been the huge amount of coffee I consumed! It was only a short run, and I didn't run continuously, but when I didn't run, I walked. Seriously talking maybe half a mile! But got to start somewhere... Other than short bursts for interval training, I haven't run since I was forced to jog round a field at school!!!

Think the 3 months to go email may have caused a small amount of panic?! Tempted to take running shoes on holiday... How sad!

Oh Dear, Oh Dear....

A weekend away & 14.5lb ON ooopppsss!!

It was a good weekend but now I have more to lose to get to where I want to be for the Great South Run....

And to top it off I now have gout in my left foot, so no exercise until it goes....

12 hard weeks ahead!!

My first run back yesterday, very hard, very hot but done....

Another run tomorrow morning & WI tomorrow evening ?!!

I hope lots have come off!!!

Fingers crossed! I am still holding steady, which is a small miracle in itself! Mental week, moved house yesterday!!! Grading today for my next belt - so tired! But got to be done. Then off to the Wedgwood rooms tonight to see Levellers :D Oh and unpacking and stuff too, 5 days till our holiday so unpacking and then re packing!

Fingers crossed! I am still holding steady, which is a small miracle in itself! Mental week, moved house yesterday!!! Grading today for my next belt - so tired! But got to be done. Then off to the Wedgwood rooms tonight to see Levellers :D Oh and unpacking and stuff too, 5 days till our holiday so unpacking and then re packing!

Nice quiet chilled out week then ;-)!!

Need to be good today & tomorrow and I shouldn't be to far away from losing what I'd put on....

This week *should* be slightly less frantic than last week!

Back Spinning this morning....

God it hurt but I loved it!!

Feeling even better coz I had the result of my interview today....

I didn't get any of the permanent jobs but I have been given a secondment opportunity to prove I can do the job!! ;-)

I bit of celebrating tonight with a chow mein & a couple of Vodka/Diet Red Bulls, so not to far over my Syn's!!

Brilliant!!! Well done you.

Still recovering from Sunday. Graded lunchtime, so hour of intense martial arts dressed in full gear. So hot. Must have lost a stone in sweat! And that proved to be nothing compared to the evening!

I am assuming being local that at some point or other you have found yourself in the Wedgwood Rooms? Well this was my first trip back there in 15 years. Last time I went you stuck to the carpet and could barely see the stage for fag smoke. Well the carpet has gone (as had the smoke), but I was almost relieved to discover the floor was still sticky! Sad to discover the ventilation system has not improved!

Absolutely amazing gig. I've been a huge Levellers fan for nearly 20 years (I am so old!). Seen them live many times, and this was by far the hottest gig I have ever been to!!! Sold out August night at Wedgwood Rooms was never going to be pretty. I can safely say I have never sweated so much in my life. I was absolutely soaked from head to toe. My top was see through, and my jeans completely drenched. I have never danced so hard and for so long in my life, more to the point I have never been able to before, because I have always been very fat and very unfit!!!

Despite 3 hours sleep I was still buzzing yesterday. Caught up with me today - dehydration and quite a bit of pain and so so tired.

Work and martial arts tomorrow, flat cleaning and washing and packing Thursday then off to Gatwick Friday. Eep! Don't suppose you know any local man and van types? Need a fridge freezer moved urgently!!! Can you message me if you do! Need to move it from southsea to port Solent Thursday or Friday morning!!!

Sounds like grading was a good hot workout....lol

Nope, I have never been in the Wedgewood Rooms surprisingly....

Sounds like you had a good night though!!

I don't know a man & van I'm afraid but at work I've used a company called "Van & Man" removals. They charge by the hour & cost £40 per hour!!

Sounds like you have a busy few days before your hols!!

Last edited:
Can't believe you have never been to the Wedgwood Rooms! I misspent a large chunk of 1997-1999 in there!

Restarting the diet when I return from holiday. Hoping to swim a lot, walk a lot, and not eat too much crap! Want to lose another 3-5 stone approximately. Want to comfortably get in to a size 12 or preferably a size 10, but no idea what weight I need to be for that! Currently about 17st 9lb and size 16 jeans and 14/16 tips which just seems mad to me. How can I weigh so much yet be that size? Still feel enormous. Much happier at this weight than I was at nearly 25st, but certainly not happy at this weight, if that makes sense. Want to be both slimmer and fitter!

Back