Week 6 day 2 of couch 10k

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

hi

i've done this run twice now. when you get into the training add:-

hill runs
interval training
speed runs and
a long easy run each week.

you need to build up to a 2 hour run. i found a garmin sat nav invaluable in all the training. it's good to know how far and your pace.

i'll be doing it 2012 as long as injury's don't occur again. had to defer this year cause of 3 months of constant tonsilitus, a pulled muscle in my side, achillies tendon problem (not stretching before a run), and then a calf injury.

please make sure you do dynamic stretches before each run, not static stretches.

p.s..... the run is fairly ok, it's the zigzagging between the run/walkers that is the problem and tires you out.

Hi Great Things!!

I have just been chatting about different runs tonite with my running pal!! We're out Wednesday again and are gonna try intervals of sprinting and jogging. Prob won't get very far but we need to start somewhere. We're stuck for hills as we live in a flat area. Will find some hills for the weekends to try!!

We are walking/jogging our way thru couch10k!!

Also, I am terrible for not stretching!! Have borrowed my pals book with lots of stretching ideas in so I have no excuse!!

The thought of all those ppl at GNR is secretly scaring me!!!! I will prob be hanging round near the back lol.

Cheers for your advice!! Will be giving it a go!! :)

I love zumba too but haven't been for a long time!! xx

Tonite we did week 7 day 1!! Plus a little bit more!! 5.17 miles on total jog/walk on couch10k!!

you're doing well. my training usually starts around april time and i do a 5k, 10k then the GNR. it's a good idea to do a 10k a few weeks before the GNR. i don't know where you are based but there's a bupa 10k about a month before and middlesbrough tees pride 10k 2 weeks before the GNR.

with interval training you need to run fast for 5 mins then easy for 5 mins. i'm lucky as my normal route has a couple of hills in it.

I live in Northumberland. There's a druridge bay 10k in may I think but not really looked into it. In a month or so, me and Anne are gonna start doing the park runs at exhibition park in Newcastle for experience!!

Think I'd conk out after a min of running fast lol. Will take some practice xx

Been a bad week for exercise!! Too much going on. Managed a couple of swims.

Was aching for a few days after Mondays run so ran 1.5 miles today without stopping!! Bit of an improvement for me since I've been struggling with the running without walking malarkey for a few months.

Gonna try a 5k tmrw for good measure!! xxx

Not filled this in for a while. With the dark nites I have been running on a Wednesday nite and 1 day at the weekend. Have been going to the gym and swimming in the mornings. I am doing a 10k in September even tho I'm not quite ready.

Ran 3 miles in 30 mins tonite_! My fastest yet. The last time I ran 3 miles without stopping was probably June!! That was 12 min miles. So I must be improving xx

That's brilliant, well done :)

Back