Greedyguts GNR 2012 Training Diary

greedyguts1980

Silver Member
Hello folks :)

After watching Sunday's GNR from start to finish (in my pj's on the settee) I was inspired to start training for GNR 2012!!

I have convinced my little brother to do it too!! He lives too far away for us to train together.

Anyway I downloaded the 1/2 marathon app for iPod and set up a training plan. In the past I have done Couch25k then did the Race for Life in Newcastle in July and haven't done much since. I was able to run 40mins in total without stopping before I hurt my back and subsequently turned lazy!!

Now I'm back on track and will be using the treadmill during the week for my runs. I will be able to get out in the fresh air at the weekends!!

Btw I'm 14 stone 9lbs and 5ft 6ins so need to lose quite alot of blubber along the way!!

Diet tips and running tips are most welcomed. At the moment I am trying to follow the diet from the lad in the gym which is a balanced diet but I'm hungry at times. It's around 2000 cals a day.

I look forward to hearing from you with your tips and comments!!

Sarah xxx

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Monday 19/9/11: rest day
Tuesday 20/9/11: run/walk 15 mins (I was feeling energetic and decided to run/walk/sprint for 20 mins)

I also went for a 60 min walk earlier today.

Wednesday 21/9/11: should be 1hr cross training today but couldn't get to the gym so went walking along the coast for 6 miles. I'm all stiff now as it was windy as hell!!

Thursday 22/9/11: rest day

Stiff from our walk yesterday!! Back running tmrw!!

Bought womens running magazine today for some tips/advice!!

Friday 23 September 2011: another rest day

I was running round like a blue arsed fly yesterday helping my nana, housework, shopping etc.

So decided I would do more on Saturday's session.

Saturday 24 September:

1 hr run/walk managed 3.85 miles. The gypsies are back down the beach so I'm wary of going there on my own.

Have downloaded Davina's My Three 30mins Workout and Brazil Butt Lift DVD so will give one of these a shot later on after I've met my friend for coffee.

Sunday 25 September:

Started couch10k at week 5 as suggested online somewhere. Ran/walked 4.5 miles in 61 mins.

I nike+ it and Paula Radcliffe informed me that I had a new PB for 5k!! Woohoo!! Sounds much better coming from her!!

Think i've caught the bug again!!

Gonna do some situps and stretches.

Xxx

Sounds like your doing well.
I am doing GNR next year too, but have signed up for the silverstone half in March. I have almost completed B210k, but having a few knee problems at the moment!
It's great u have your brother to motivate you as well :) look forward to your posts :)

I was told the silverstone route is flat. That would suit me but not sure I'd be ready for march!! But prob be the bomb up my butt that I need. Registered my interest on a few charities websites in case I don't get a place.

Will follow your progress too :) xxx

The program I will be following takes 16 weeks, hopefully I will be ready by March!!! Figured at the very least it will keep me motivated :)

You'll be fine!! I have 8 weeks of couch10k then will move on to training plan. Think the ones in womens running mag are 8 or 10 weeks long. Argh!!!

Will try a 10k before the GNR but not sure what else xxx

Oooh! I have just posted a reply in another thread of yours! Hopefully you'll see that!

Defo a good idea to go with bridge to 10k .. i said that in my other reply too :giggle:

And if you wanted to do a 1/2 marathon in march if you are training now you will defo be ready by march, no question! :)

Thanks Summergurl :) I have replied xxx

Monday 26 September: rest day
Tuesday 27 September: managed 2.5 miles tonite til we bumped into a Bernese Mountain puppy!!

Tmrw is gym day to do an hour of cross training and a rest from running!! May ven throw in some weights too :)

Yesterday, Thursday 28 September:
Day 2 of week 5 couch10k

Went running with my best bud!! There were some hills included :)

Been wrecked ever since!! In fact every nite this week I have been in bed by 8pm. Sooooo tired!!

2nd October 2011:

Day 3 of week 5 of couch 10k!!

Your doing great!!

Thank you :) will have a look at yr thread to see how ur getting on!! xxx

Forgot to mention that I have been swimming for 30 mins yesterday and today!!

Planning a swim in the morning and week 6 day 1 of couch 10k tmrw!!

Wednesday 5 October:

60mins swimming
Week 6 Day 1 of couch10k

Back