Green Days Green day tea ideas

Hi there,
I'm fairly new to SW and need some green day meal ideas, I'm a bit sick of quorn spag Bol, chilli, cottage pie and tomato based pasta. Anyone any inspiration for me please?

have a look through the food diary and recipe sub-forums as there are oodles and oodles of ideas and recipes on there.

I had quorn spag bol yesterday and really didn't like it much. I'm gonna try to make the baked bean lasagne today - hopefully it'll taste much better than the quorn - yuk!

hi i'm trying green as well im having a smash pizza with tom puree and onion, mushroom, laughing cow triangles cut up and sliced tomatoes with a side salad.
for dinner il have curry powder mixed in with noodles and lots of veg or salad with either quorn pieces or quorn sausages im not that keen on quorn either but i like to save my HEBs for cereal bars and oats. so go without meat. i think i need to look at the diary's and receipes too.

Hiya I'm a veggie and follow green days only - I have smash pizza, kfc sw chicken (using quorn instead of chicken), sw chips with super noodles or beans or even in bread! You could make curries i make them using fry light with rice, jacket potatoes, roast potatoes with veg and gravy and quorn sausages or tesco meatfree burget (1syn each), there are lots of soup recipes too - I made the super speed soup this week and been having it everyday! (you can get the recipe off here under the sw recipe section). Theres also a book you can get from ebay or group called 100 Green Day recipes, which is really good and full of ideas! The sw mag also has recipes and i'm making a veg paella tonight!

I tend to stick to Green as I'm not much of a meat eater. If you're missing meat remember you can have weighed portions of meat/fish as a HEb - make sure you check your book for the correct weight amounts.

Some of my favourite Green meals:

Passata and cooked pasta - I throw in lots of veg like peppers, onion etc and some dried herbs. if I have a HE spare I have some grated cheese, or use syns on grated dried parmesan if I fancy.

Veg/quorn curry - if you look on here on the SW website/magazines there's loads of variations of curries that use veg, quorn or include a HEb of meat.

Stir fry - I love veg stir fry with lots of dried noodles (or sometimes I will use the couple of syns on the pre-cooked ones - like Amoy's udon noodles). If I use a stir fry sauce I use a packet/sachet one, the Blue Dragon ones appear high but when divided by 2 people they aren't too bad.

Chickpea dahl - It comes in a tin, from Asda (own brand) or you can get a brand called Sundar from Morrisons, free on Green/EE. I have it with boiled rice and steam some veggies to mix in with it.

Egg SW chips and beans - perfect comfort food and free!

I would definitely look on the recipes section of this forum if you're stuck in a food rut.

There are also 'whats for dinner/lunch/breakfast' threads with loads of suggestions

a lady bought this into tastier session yesterday, and i've made it for today

Quorn sausages
tin tomatoes
red pepper
baked beans
mixed beans
mushrooms
worcester sauce

Just put everything in slow cooker, and leave to cook, enjoy:D

I follow the green day alot and made a tasy pasta bake

make up tomato and herb batcherlors pasta n sauce as directed then ad sweetcorn and pre cooked mushrooms, then put into heat proof dish and layer 3 babybell lights sliced thinly over the top and grilled till cheese has melted yummy :p

How about a lentil meatloaf. Green or brown lentils can be a great substitute for mince in many recipes.

or roasted veggies served over pasta with some crumbled feta cheese (HEa)

there are lots of ideas in the recipe section as well as some Green recipes on my blog.

Some of my faves are quorn sausage hotpot, HM cauli & broccoli soup, HM leek & potato soup, HM lentil soup, quorn & baked bean curry, quorn burger on a bun with relish and cheese with SW chips, cheese & broccoli pasta n sauce (2 syns) served with broccoli & cauliflower and grated cheese on top (HExA), baked potatoes with philidelphia and chives, baked potaotes with grated cheese, egg and mustard...there's loads!

There's a recipe for SW falafel on the SW site, I love that with a beetroot salad, a pitta, some yogurt and mint sauce and cucumber! And even a bit of syn free houmous yum!!!

Some of my favourites:

Homity pie
Veg lasagne
omelette
veg curries
lentil curries
baked potato with anything and everything
stuffed BNS
pasta carbonara
roast veg, feta and couscous
quorn sausage and mash (not a big fan of quorn but I'm a convert to the sausages :)
Mixed bean chilli
baked beans on toast
Tuna pasta bake (you get lots of tinned tuna as a HexB)
SW macaroni cheese
Cauliflower and broccoli cheese
Fish, chips and peas (Fish as HexB)
Egg fried rice
Stirfried veg and noodles
Minestrone
Other veg soups

Love it!

As an american I'm going to have to recommend a fatty carb laiden favorite - sw style

TWICE BAKED POTATOES!

Bake a jacket until done. Cut the top 1/4 of the potato off (let it cool down a bit!) Scoop out the insides and put into a bowl. Mash the potato with laughing cow triangles (I like the garlic and herb), super lean bacon (cooked) or ham, steamed broc diced up, shredded sharp cheddar, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper until mixed. U don't want the consistency of mash. A little thicker so it will hold up in the oven. Pile the mix back into the jacket skin and bake until heated through. I bake them at 350F not sure what that is in celcius or gas mark.

Delicious! Serve with extra veg, baked beans or a salad. Or all of the above!

I'm typing on my phone so sorry I didn't give measurements. Just see what u have leftover from ur healthy extras and go nuts! If u want to do all veggies and cheese, go for it. Season them however u like. They r bulky and versatile! Very filling and taste awesome.

As an american I'm going to have to recommend a fatty carb laiden favorite - sw style

TWICE BAKED POTATOES!

Bake a jacket until done. Cut the top 1/4 of the potato off (let it cool down a bit!) Scoop out the insides and put into a bowl. Mash the potato with laughing cow triangles (I like the garlic and herb), super lean bacon (cooked) or ham, steamed broc diced up, shredded sharp cheddar, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper until mixed. U don't want the consistency of mash. A little thicker so it will hold up in the oven. Pile the mix back into the jacket skin and bake until heated through. I bake them at 350F not sure what that is in celcius or gas mark.

Delicious! Serve with extra veg, baked beans or a salad. Or all of the above!

I'm typing on my phone so sorry I didn't give measurements. Just see what u have leftover from ur healthy extras and go nuts! If u want to do all veggies and cheese, go for it. Season them however u like. They r bulky and versatile! Very filling and taste awesome.

Never thought to put veg in the spuds, great idea!

Back