Green Eyed Girl's Diary.. here goes nothing! and everything.

8 week WI .... 4lbs !!!!! So weighed in at 14.10.0 !! Exactly 4 lbs down on last week ! I can't quite believe it.

well done on the fantastic losses so far!

i'm following your diary, hope you dont mind, im starting my journey today and lots of willpower and support will be needed lol x

YAY Green! Virtue is its own reward, as the very old saying goes. I'll need to pick up speed now just to keep trailing behind you LOL. Good girl. You're giving this your best and the results are wonderful xx

Well done on the loss GEG!!

I started back on Exante TS yday.. So far so good.. But I know how hard it can be and to resist temptation .. Ur doing so well! Onwards and downwards!!

Thats brilliant G, well done. Breaking through a stone barrier is such a good feeling x

Wow GEG you really are the WI Queen :clap: the weight is just falling away thanks to your determination. You're an inspiration!

How lovely to log on and see all the support and encouragement from my fellow slimmers :bliss: Thanks soooooo much :thankyou: :grouphugg:

I had a low carb version of dinner last night all tracked in MFP and I'm feeling strong for the week. A&C porridge this morning and planning veggie soup for later on. If I lose 2lbs a week until my holidays I could be 12st 10lbs, that would be like a dream come true!

My other main motivator is for me to be a good role model for my children. Myself and hubby sat in our daughter's school in December last year, where they updated the parents on their progress, they'd only started in the school in September. They lectured us on the importance of healthy lunches (they send home any sweets crisps cakes chocolate from the lunchboxes, and allow just 1 treat in their lunchbox on a Friday). They highlighted the obesity problem in Ireland etc and I felt like an absolute fraud, giving my daughter healthy lunches and doing the best I can for her but me and hubby sitting there, some of the heaviest parents in the room :cry:. Mortified... I didn't want to be that person anymore and now I'm not :) I've made and continue to make that change.

One thing we must do is have all three packs no matter what. Two plus a meal means losing one-third of the vitamins and minerals, trace elements, electrolytes etc we need every day. Okay to skip a pack now and then but nutrition is vital on any diet and on a VLCD it is essential that we follow the directions. We need to protect our skin, teeth, nails and hair, as well as our lean body mass and our ability to fight infection. Not assuming that you skip packs regularly - just playing Mum and being pedantic! Ha Ha.

I'll be having three bars today - had two already. I just love them. Still trying to pare back to only three Exante and not four. Four at 200 cals each that is.

You're going to be so much slimmer and fitter by the time your holiday comes around. New clothes! xx

Come this summer we will no longer be the largest of the bunch ;).

So true about the 3 packs Serial. Skipping only results in the body going into starvation mode causing slower losses so no point really x

Love the bars too! I'm trying to just have 1 bar a day into the mix. I didn't have the veggie soup for lunch I had a toffee nut and raisin bar instead lol
Particulary love the maple syrup pancakes as well. Between them and the a&c porridge could live on that combination every day!

That's the wonderful thing about this diet - get sick of one thing and there's something else you can have. Shakes are last on my list, they repeat on me as well! and ready 'meals' come a close second-last place. Saying that I've ordered a few sweet and sour noodles (is that what they are?) so they should arrive soon and I'll give them a go.

Woohoo! That's a fantastic loss GEG :D So pleased for you! Got to love a whoosh week :D

PS - Agreement for the 3 packs a day comments here too ;)

Very true, about the 3 packs a day. I wonder what I was particularly lacking in before this diet, because my nails are the best they've ever been & my energy levels are well up! I must start taking a multivitamin after exante.

I definitely feel the benefits of having 100% nutrition every day, and I always thought I did pretty well at getting all I needed as I ate so much lol. My energy levels are also increasing massively, but only in the last couple of weeks. I'm putting it more down to being lighter and able to move about more easily. Don't think I get the ketosis highs that some do lol :)

I do laugh when I still read/hear people saying how bad this sort of diet is. I feel so flipping amazing on it, and I truly believe it's saving my life considering the weight I started at. How can it be bad? lol.

I totally agree. I love MFP for that as well, have you seen it ? It will give you your daily nutrition requirements and keep track of them for you.. and tell you what you need to eat for the rest of the day from each category, so at least for a slip I can make sure I'm getting the right nutrition in anyway, even if I do go over in certain categories. Not sure I'm going to be able to live without that app in my life !

Oh, that's really good! No, I've never used MFP. I think I must be one of the only dieters about who hasn't lol :D Not really sure why. I will definitely have to check it out once I'm off packs :)

Just had my sweet and sour noodles (with added curry powder) and I really enjoyed it!! Surprised myself. Maybe I should have a bit of curry powder in a few of the others and see how I get on...
Rest of the day predictable; a&c porridge and toffee nut raisin bar earlier on. Week 9 and not sick of them yet!

Feeling great in my clothes, fitting in a 16 skinnies today and an 18 top. woohoo, almost back into 'normal' shop sizes now, a whole new world :) I only kinda look pregnant now rather than 9 months along which is how I was when I started this journey. The 'fear' of being asked 'when are you due' is gone, finally. Feeling good heading into the weekend x

It's great to hear you're finally starting to actually feel the loss. You are in normal shop sizes now ! Well done you :clap:

i can't wait until I'm below 15st. It's when I started to feel like I didn't stick out in a crowd for being the biggest. Unfortunately my head didn't catch up and I put it on again.

Youre doing great, roll on goal number 2! Have a lovely weekend. X

Size 16 skinnies! Wow. Fabulous. Imagine another 2st less for your holiday. You'll be on Cloud 9. After the severe choice limitations of Lipotrim this diet must be truly amazing. I got fed up of Cambridge shakes despite the many flavours and I now avoid shakes entirely - same as you!

I might try some of those noodles soon. Adding seasoning, oxo, herbs etc to the mealpacks really does help. I couldn't eat the sausage or egg without a bit of finely chopped onion at the very least. And some garlic!

I am so happy to be losing again - for longer than a couple of days or weeks. I know that I'll get there again this time and I long for the day I can wear my size 12 on top and 10 on the bottom. Once I'd have considered that as 'fat'. Sure I'd like to be a wee bit thinner than that but I won't sweat it because I look fine, healthy and curvy at 10st. Naturally I'd prefer 8st 12lb LOL. I like being just under 9st. We shall see. For now 10st is my aim and I know that, sometime this year, I'll make it x

Mother's Day :) ... slightly off piste.. but not too far; a calorie counted low carb salad for dinner rather than the chorizio and chicken bean stew everyone else was having.

I just feel that I with another 4 stone 10lbs still to lose this is a marathon rather than a sprint and if I plan my 'off' meals and be sensible about it I've a better chance of finishing this marathon.

Not hoping for a big loss after last week's surprise 4lbs whopper loss but 2lbs would be nice :)

Hope all the other mammies had a lovely day x

Back