Green tea question

kissme

Gold Member
Good morning gorgeous people!!

I was talking to someone at work about losing weight and she used to attend WW and she used to lose a steady 1lb a week she then started drinking green tea and started to lose more weight.

Does anyone here drink green tea and if so has it affected your weight loss?

I started drinking green tea about 3 weeks ago and had losses of 3lbs; 4.5lbs and 2.5lbs in those weeks.
I am not sure what difference it has made, as I am still fairly new to the plan, but I'll keep drinking it!!!

I seem to have converted my whole group to green tea and hot lemon juice now :)

I read another thread on here about tea, ive started drinking the twinnings fruit flavoured teas out of speeding up weight loss desperation!! Hoping for a good loss but dont weigh til monday.

Good luck, let us know how you get on Sassie!!

xx

There do seem to be some health benefits from drinking green tea, but the results are not conclusive.

Wikipedia has an informative page about green tea. It would seem that it can have a beneficial effect on cholesterol levels and there have been some studies that link it to weight loss. Like any tea, it does contain some caffeine.

The term "green tea" doesn't refer to a particular type of tea, but to the length of time that the tea leaves are oxidized before processing. White tea is oxidized for the least time, then green tea, then oolong, then black tea.

So if you like it, then drink it. It contributes towards your overall liquid intake, it has no calories, helps to fill you up, and while you are drinking it you can't be eating or drinking anything else!!

I recently discovered Tick Tock rooibos green tea. This is the "red bush" tea which you will know if you have read the No 1 Ladies Detective Agency books. It is really delicious. You can get it in Waitrose - possibly other supermarkets too.

I read another thread on here about tea, ive started drinking the twinnings fruit flavoured teas out of speeding up weight loss desperation!!

Haha, me too thanks to the other thread a week or so ago!! So far today I have had the orange and lotus flower one (meh) and the citrus one (meh). I don't love them so much that I am drinking cup after cup like some people, but they are palatable (with a sweetener ;)) and they stop me craving 'normal' tea every couple of hours or so... Saves on the milk allowance and if it helps boost my sluggish/bone-idle metobolism it will be all good....

However, that assumes that I won't gain 2 stone drinking it??!!??!??!?!?!

Haha, me too thanks to the other thread a week or so ago!! So far today I have had the orange and lotus flower one (meh) and the citrus one (meh). I don't love them so much that I am drinking cup after cup like some people, but they are palatable (with a sweetener ;)) and they stop me craving 'normal' tea every couple of hours or so... Saves on the milk allowance and if it helps boost my sluggish/bone-idle metobolism it will be all good....

However, that assumes that I won't gain 2 stone drinking it??!!??!??!?!?!

I should hope not!!! Haha Ive had 3 cups of cranberry, raspberry and eldflower flavour today - which are quite nice. and yesterday had a strawberry, raspberry and something ones :)

Have you had a WI since you've started drinking it??

xxx

I started drinking it a couple of weeks ago, at least 1 cup a day. I lost 5lbs the first week of drinking it :)

I started drinking it a couple of weeks ago, at least 1 cup a day. I lost 5lbs the first week of drinking it :)

Did you do anything different that week apart from drink tea???

xx

Yeah pesty, I started eating magic porridge for breakfast that week too!!

Yeah that's it. You can use mullers, I sometimes have mine with the syn free Onken strawberry yoghurt + chopped up fruit. It's really good with the chocolate sprinkles mullers :)

I had a few sessions with a personal trainer, and went through my diet aims with exercise and she suggested green tea capsules to speed up my fat burning. I have taken them ever since and they seem to work (higher concentration than drinking the tea apparently).

x

Back