green tea

doingitwell

Does anyone else find it alot harder to get the 4 litres down now that it's colder? I cannot do cold water in cold weather and even room temperature water is not working for me. It's still too cold.

So I have started drinking green tea. I fill a 2 litre jug of hot water with a few green teabags in it. I also tried the water flavouring with warm water- tasted a bit like Lemsip so not really keen.

Do you think the green tea will have an effect on my weight loss as it's supposed to have these health benefits?

Anyone else struggling to drink because of the cold?

the warmer the better for me. :)

come to think of it, that goes the same for food as well. i can't stand piping hot or cold...unless it's hot weather.

oh well. :)

So I have started drinking green tea. I fill a 2 litre jug of hot water with a few green teabags in it. I also tried the water flavouring with warm water- tasted a bit like Lemsip so not really keen.

Do you think the green tea will have an effect on my weight loss as it's supposed to have these health benefits?

Anyone else struggling to drink because of the cold?[/QUOTE]

Hi,

Green tea is from the leaf and not the root, so it should be okay for people doing a VLCD and trying to stay in ketosis. You can get ketosticks at Tescos and check on it, if you are concerned. I even drink a ginger flavoured tea (from the root supposed to be not so good for Ketosis) and have not had problems with it. I drank it the whole time I was on LL last year and still lost all the weight.

MM

Last edited:
Sorry to hijack the thread but wondered if I was allowed to drink the herbal lemon tea or fresh lemon slices? I hate drinking water and struggle to get a pint down me but these would help.

I have drunk green tea throughout, but not counted it towards my water intake. I find that if I drive anywhere, I can drink a litre bottle of water during the journey and not really notice it - I prefer room temperature water as cold water takes my breath away.
I switched from green tea with lemon to plain green tea as I believe citric acid can have an impact on ketosis for some people. Hated it at first but have recently found an old packet of green tea with lemon and now it tastes like drinking shampoo! Funny how tastes change isn't it?

I switched from green tea with lemon to plain green tea as I believe citric acid can have an impact on ketosis for some people. Hated it at first but have recently found an old packet of green tea with lemon and now it tastes like drinking shampoo! Funny how tastes change isn't it?

Hi TBA & BW,

What BoardWitless wrote about citric acid and ketosis is what my LL counsellor told all of us when I went through Foundation last year. I have also read this on other sites. However, it does not mean that it will effect your weight loss... that is: consuming fewer calories than you burn.

What going out of ketosis leads to is possibly feeling "physically" hungry. So, (my thoughts are) if you can drink the green tea with lemon and still stay on the packs, i.e. resist any hunger pangs -- and if you keep losing, then "why not?"

MM

Last edited:
Back