Green Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
i love green tea with lemon, although never seems to have mcuh lemon,so i add a tiny drop of sugar free lemon squash, makes it lush coudl drink loads of it and does seem help flush you out an dhelp detox.

I'm drinking the Twinings green tea with orange and lotus flower (sounds like something from The Body Shop doesn't it!!) It's very lovely! I'm going to try and have about 4 cups a day and will be most livid if I haven't lost next Monday!!!X

I'd forgotten about Green Tea, I became quite partial to it a few years back, but somehow it had fallen off my normal shopping list! Going to get some tomorrow!

Well, as I said yesterday, I went and bought some Green Tea today, and after reading this thread decided to try the Green Tea with Mint .... Liptons is the make and it is absolutely lovely! Very refreshing and light! Just finished my 2nd cup and I'm feeling all anti-oxidised now ;) :D

I like the green tea with orange, not so keen on the green tea with lemon. You should drink your green tea just before you have a meal, that's what I have been told to do :)

oh will try that, usually drink it alongside my meals, but yea can see hwo is better before meal :) thanks for hint

Well, as I said yesterday, I went and bought some Green Tea today, and after reading this thread decided to try the Green Tea with Mint .... Liptons is the make and it is absolutely lovely! Very refreshing and light! Just finished my 2nd cup and I'm feeling all anti-oxidised now ;) :D

Awesome, glad you liked it....I think it's yummy too :)

and thanks for the tips everyone. :) xx

I love green tea and my fav has to be the orange and lotus flower one or the apple and pear one twinings do. I also love the vanilla one that lidl do and the lemon one you get there and they are fine and cheap if you just want to try for first time. I like the limited edition one that twinings took out with the ginger it was lovely. I have not bought the peppermint one yet but I do love peppermint tea so am sure I will like this and it will be my next one to try when I finish a box of the others. I feel so much better drinking it and try to have 5 cups a day.

3 cups of green tea are supposed to boost your metabolism by 80 cals alledgedly! I enjoy the flavoured ones. I also like the Good Earth white tea with citrus, but find the plain rather tasteless.
Fennel tea was recommended for losing weight in Tudor times! (I'm a wizz at Trivial pursuit!)

I also tried Green Coffee the other day....which is also full of anti-oxidents.....was very nice too. may add some of that to my next shopping list also :D

I bought mine in sainsburys :) I know you can buy it from Holland & Barrett too!
The packaging looks like this incase you can't find it!

Actually,just checked the where to buy page and it says available at ASDA,Tesco,Somerfield,Morrisons,Waitrose and even oxfam so you should be able to get it quite easily :)

Dragonfly Tea - Tick Tock Rooibos / Redbush
hope you can find it!

Thanks Sophie, managed to get it today at morrison's and it have 50p off do gonna start this from tomorrow!:p

If green tea is bitter, you have used water that is too hot, and burned the leaes. As for the cafeine, it has got caffeine, but you can buy caffeine free green tea. Clipper do it, which is my fave green tea. Asda green tea is vile!! so also wrth trying a few.

Lynda

I put a drop of milk in mine, been downing the stuff this weekend as i'm just not feeling i've lost weight this week! I really like it, have one before a workout, and before bed!

I also tried Green Coffee the other day....which is also full of anti-oxidents.....was very nice too. may add some of that to my next shopping list also :D

ohh never heard of green coffee may have to try that, i do love coffee and dotn drink much on diet as green tea seems be helping i think :)

I can't stand normal, black tea but I luuurve green and white tea!

I too prefer the flavoured versions - jasmine is my fave, closely followed by any of the fruity ones (except lemon, which I seem to find tastes like lemsip!)

The caffeine isn't as high as normal tea or coffee...or even diet coke, I think. So the little boost it gives must be down to the lovely healthy goodness...that's what I tell myself! But I have just bought some decaffeinated green tea.

I've just done a big order from www.teaworld.co.uk There are some LOVELY sounding teas on there! Between us, our office has just spent £20 on teas from that site. Should be arriving soon. Yum.

When I drink a cup or two per day, I notice energy too...but it really helps keep me *ahem* regular!

just nipped to the shop over the road from my work and bought the twinnings pure peppermint one to try, and must say i didn't actually mind it, considering i hate tea i was dreading it.

How often should you drink it? xx

I drink it in place of my usual hot drink,s which is a good start for me because I must drink 8 to 10 cups of coffee a day. I've cut this down to 2 and replaced the rest of my hot drinks with green tea. Also saves me a shed load of syns on milk too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back