Green Tea

don't know if it works to speed up the metabo but I live in hope....

Well, pleased to report that it does speed up the metabolism, even more than caffeine..

If you have 5 cups a day, every day for a year, the change in the metabolic rate could equal as much as 2.15-2.50 ounces a week :clap: But, the results are inconclusive and might not be that much. And the tests didn't even check for long term use anyway.

Of course, you can knock off some of that 2.15oz if you are swapping your coffee for green tea, as coffee speeds the metabolism to a certain extent anyway.

If you like green tea, drink it. It has many other health benefits, but don't just drink it for the metabolic burn effect, because it's so tiny.

Thx KD ,
I have read quite a bit about the antioxidant effect which i swhy i wanted to try it..
Is that bit true??

x

Thx KD ,
I have read quite a bit about the antioxidant effect which i swhy i wanted to try it..
Is that bit true??

x

Yes, it's true. Mind you, there are lots of good antioxidants in caffeinated coffee, but from what I've read, green tea is better from that point :)

I drink the tetley green tea with mint it's really nice, hated red bush! I have always drank green tea with pear/grapefruit ect but not allowed on cd boo lol

I don't drink coffee... don't like the taste, have only ever drank water with occasional cup of tea.. so am looking for a change....

Also like I said to Lelly the other day, I often go out to coffee shops with friends... short of sitting with a glass of water (and in the past hot choccy) I would like to join in and be able to choose what I want to drink.

x

Lidl sell a green tea with vanilla and its lovely :)
xx

I'm currently drinking 'Good Earth' Organic Jasmine Blossom Green Tea, and it's one of the few teas I've found that I don't need to add anything to, and which doesn't make my mouth feel weird afterwards. It's the first black tea I've really enjoyed on this diet, and I'm drinking lots of it! (BTW got it in Asda.)
:coffee: :D

I thought you could only have leaf tea and not flower or fruit tea?

I thought you could only have leaf tea and not flower or fruit tea?
:argh: Ooh, you're a picky gal! :D (She always gets me, this one, lol!)
I've just checked the ingredients on the packet and it just says "organic jasmine green tea" and that's it! So hard to say really. I'm going to continue with it for now, unless it makes any real difference to my weight loss or ketosis, as there's so little tea that I'm actually enjoying on CD. (And I'll ask my CDC when she gets back next week.)

:argh: Ooh, you're a picky gal! :D (She always gets me, this one, lol!)
I've just checked the ingredients on the packet and it just says "organic jasmine green tea" and that's it! So hard to say really. I'm going to continue with it for now, unless it makes any real difference to my weight loss or ketosis, as there's so little tea that I'm actually enjoying on CD. (And I'll ask my CDC when she gets back next week.)

Haha sorry Jaycey! I saw the word Blossom and wasnt sure if you knew or not! Didnt mean to come across as patronising! :)

x

Haha sorry Jaycey! I saw the word Blossom and wasnt sure if you knew or not! Didnt mean to come across as patronising! :)

x
Don't worry - it's just that you crack me up, you're such a little detective, lol! :8855:
In fact, it's great to find someone who scrutinises the forum in such detail - that helps us all in the long run! (Point taken, KD! :))

Don't worry - it's just that you crack me up, you're such a little detective, lol! :8855:
In fact, it's great to find someone who scrutinises the forum in such detail - that helps us all in the long run! (Point taken, KD! :))

Oh gosh I never realised I came across like that!! Ooops!:ignore: Perhaps deep down Im a perfectionist and I never knew it hehe xxx

I am currently drinking the Clipper Green tea with Peppermint. I find its very refreshing and minty compared to plain green tea so its worth a try. I brought it from Tesco last week.

Beware of drinking it too hot though!... I read an article in the paper a couple of weeks ago where people can get throat cancer from drinking their tea too hot.

Well, pleased to report that it does speed up the metabolism, even more than caffeine..

If you have 5 cups a day, every day for a year, the change in the metabolic rate could equal as much as 2.15-2.50 ounces a week :clap: But, the results are inconclusive and might not be that much. And the tests didn't even check for long term use anyway.

Of course, you can knock off some of that 2.15oz if you are swapping your coffee for green tea, as coffee speeds the metabolism to a certain extent anyway.

If you like green tea, drink it. It has many other health benefits, but don't just drink it for the metabolic burn effect, because it's so tiny.

Wow thanks for that and I don't drink coffee any way, so may just make sure I drink 5 cups a day every day... any thing helps and I do love it.

I am currently drinking the Clipper Green tea with Peppermint. I find its very refreshing and minty compared to plain green tea so its worth a try. I brought it from Tesco last week.

Beware of drinking it too hot though!... I read an article in the paper a couple of weeks ago where people can get throat cancer from drinking their tea too hot.

Bar Hum Bug,,,,,,,,,, so may scare stories..... what can we do.... I don't drink it burning hot, so I guess I will be ok, but hmmmmmm sometimes I think all newspapers should be banned.

Bar Hum Bug,,,,,,,,,, so may scare stories..... what can we do.... I don't drink it burning hot, so I guess I will be ok, but hmmmmmm sometimes I think all newspapers should be banned.

LOL. Very true. That's one of the reasons I believe in everything in moderation. There's bound to be something wonderfully healthy that research has shown will kill us, so I try not to go overboard with anything :D

LOL. Very true. That's one of the reasons I believe in everything in moderation. There's bound to be something wonderfully healthy that research has shown will kill us, so I try not to go overboard with anything :D
Oh so does that mean to many brussel sprots is bad..... yes, yes, yes, always knew it.......... Xmas dinner and no brussels, they could harm you......

Back