Green Day green vs red

mel1

Hi can I ask the general opinion of members about weight loss being slower for someone who follows green only because it seems like everyone who does red loses more... If this is true why? As a veggie I wonder if it is the protein vs carb arguement cos I defo have more carbs than protein

Confused
X

I don't agree that this is necessarily the case. I'm vegetarian and lost over 7 stone in 11 months doing mostly green ( I wasn't veggie at the time but ate very little meat preferring quorn). I actually lost more weight on the weeks where I ate no meat and only used meat sustitutes.

I love my carbs too and usually have them at two meals every day but I do still make sure I include a lot of superfree foods and not just a plateful of pasta. I also used a wide range of different free foods eg cous cous, quinoa, pulses, lentils, bulghar wheat and not just pasta and rice.

On those very rare days when I would try the red plan I was continually starving. If I had forced myself to do a lot of red days in the belief that it would make my losses bigger then I don't think I would have stuck with the plan and got to target. So you need to do what will help you follow the plan long-term and not just chase big weekly losses.

Thanks for that yeah I think I have to remember more of the superfree foods I have just been feeling really blown up I guess cos I snacked on bowls of pasta for the last couple of days :) note to self :- remember more fruit and veg ;)

Back