Greeneyes will PERSEVERE.........

It's so nice to hear from you! Sorry things have been tough. Having to put your cat to sleep must have been really hard, but it was the kindest thing you could have done under the circumstances!

I agree with Lizz it sounds like you're dane is doing great in the garden. My Aunt and Uncle keep their dogs (Tibetan Mastiffs) in a kennel in the garden and they are very happy dogs. As long as they get exercise and play time there's no reason why they would be happier indoors.

You seem to be doing well maintaining! It was such a long time since I did WW and they didn't have any no count food then other than veggies. Might do a google search and see what it is!

Oh and well done on being 9th in the UK stamping up demonstrator!! That's a brilliant achievement!

So glad to hear from you Linda and so sorry that things have been difficult for you lately. I'm sure the dog will be fine outside, lots of people keep them outside and as Alli says as long as they have walks and company they are fine.

You've done very well to keep your weight stable through all of this though, congratulations, and on being such a brilliant demonstrator!

Got to run Greeneyes, in hotel in London and need to get sorted & off to train, but so, so glad to see you posting again and sorry for your awful stressful week. Big hugs. Glad you are feeling a bit less shaky, but well done hun on keeping the food under control, you are such an inspiration and show that it can be done. Take care.

xxx

I just wanted to send you some hugs, what a week you've had.
Hope you have a nice day x

Hey Linda..
So nice to see your back hon...... you were really missed..
Just wanted to send you big hugs as you have had a tough old week.....
I hope this week is a better one for you hon.. Sounds like your doing great on the food front. you should be really proud..
Chin up hon .. big love marissa x

Okay, another moaning post I am afraid... this week hasn't got much better, but I am in a better frame of mind to deal with it.

To start the week my son in law had a cast put on his hand and arm, he has broken the bone 4 times in his hand (the one that runs down the outside) and so has a half hand, half arm cast, so my poor daughter is running ragged taking him to hospital, to work, picking him up again after work.... then my 5 week old grandson was admitted to hospital Wednesday evening (same daughter but her new baby) as he is sooooo sick, projectile vomits the lot, and everyone is really concerned as he has only put on 1.5lb since he was born 5 weeks ago, and his grandad (on his dads side) had the same when he was young which required an operation, my other daughters son who is now 6 had reflux when he was a baby and he had to have an operation too.... so Wednesday night they had a surgical team and a bed on standby in London incase he needed an operation. Whilst in hospital (they came home yesterday evening) he was slightly sick but nothing like he normally is (how typical) and so was sent home with an appointment in 2 weeks where he would also have an ultrasound scan to see if his stomach was narrowing which is the hereditary disease his grandad had.... but since she has been home she has fed him 4 times, twice he has projectile vomited, so she is going to get back on to the hospital again this morning as that is what they have asked her to do, as the doctor said he was dangerously underweight. So she has to get up this morning take hubby to work, then sort this out too.... I had grandson (who is 17 months) yesterday from 7 in the morning til 7 at night and i was worn out.... it started with him falling in the dogs water, and ending up soaked from top to bottom just before I had to take my boys to school, he then pooed 4 times which I had to change and whilst in Tesco, the lady being served at the checkout next to me flicked open her bag and a mouse ran out which promptly run up the store with staff chasing it with bags... after telling us that this had happened to her before, the lady herself got a box and started chasing it.... but they lost it... so now there is a mouse running loose in my Tesco... then last night my other daughter rang me to say her boyfriend had been in a car accident on his way home from work, he gets a lift with another guy, luckily they were both okay, but the land rover wasn't so lucky, it is now undriveable, and after checking his insurance the guy thinks it run out at noon yesterday..... a man driving a minibus full of girls from a netball match ploughed into the back of them as his brakes had failed, but he was travelling at quite a speed at the time, luckily everyone involved was okay, so my daughter had to go to the accident to see if they needed lifts home etc... I also pigged out on choc chip cookies yesterday as I bought them for grandson, but luckily put on less than 1lb, so will be extra careful today.... so here's to a better day today... and I promise I will get round to posting on some threads soon...

Oh Linda... big hugs... and a smile for the mad mouse lady of Tesco... and stay-safe wishes for all those you are worrying about. It has to get better soon!

xxx

Linda, buy a Lottery ticket for the Euromillions...you deserve some good luck!! Hope you have a better day x

Oh Linda, what a time! Love the mouse story!! Hope your new grandson gets sorted out soon, how worrying for you all.

Hi Linda,
New to the boards so a big hello. Just had to send hugs and wishes that you and you're loved ones are all ok, or at least getting there. Sounds a terrible time for you. Impressed that the choc biccys didn't descend into an absolute binge, well done you..! xx

OMG Linda -you have a lot to deal with in one go!

Hope the little one is OK - it's so worrying when babies are unwell!

Also loved the mouse story - what was she thinking bringing a mouse to a super market!!??

Don't forget to look after yourself whilst looking after everyone else!

Take Care!

Quick update, the end of last week turned into a complete pig out, resulting today in a 5lb gain on the scales.... my littlest grandson came home on Friday night, but my other grandson is not at all well, he now has a lump on his belly button (I was wondering if it was an umbilical hernia) and is now throwing up for England.... he hasn't eaten or drunk properly in a week and I am worried he is getting dehydrated... when he is sick he brings up stuff he ate 24 hours before which means his body is just not digesting anything... she has an appointment in about 20 minutes at the doctor... I feel so sorry for her as she has such stress at the moment and is doing most things without much help from her husband as his right hand is in a cast at the moment...
I will definately be back here once things quieten down. Hope you are all doing okay...

Linda, keep us posted with how your grandson gets on. Thinking of you xx

Sending hugs, Greeneyes... try not to panic too much. Hope that everything turns out well and the little ones are better soon.

xxx

Sorry to hear about your grandson Linda - big hugs to you all - hope he improves quickly xx

Thinking of you.x

Oh hun - I'm glad your littlest grandson is back home, but sorry that his brother is unwell now. There are some nasty bugs doing the rounds at the moment - maybe that's what he's picked up. We were all ill last week and my DS threw up food that he'd eaten 13-14 hours before so a similar thing. Hopefully the doctor can reassure Mum or advise what to do!

Btw - My DS has an umbilical hernia (has had from birth) and it's normally nothing to worry about. Usually it resolves itself by the time they're 5-6 years old. DS is 6 now and he's still got his but our GP is happy that it can stay for the time being. If he does need surgery to remove it, it's a very quick and easy process but we're hanging on for another year to see if it reduces.

It might be that he had a weakness in that area from birth, but not enough to cause a hernia and that the vomiting has caused it to pop out so to speak.

Big big hugs for you and your family! Hoping things will calm down soon!

Just checking in to say hi and hope you are OK... I know life is pretty upside-down for you right now and majorly stressful, but thinking of you and hoping the little ones are getting better. We all miss you, don't stay away too long hun.

xxx

Yep, come back Greeneyes. xx

thinking of you hun and hope you get to come back and catch up soon!

xxx

Back