Groceries Gloom :_O(

turquoise

I will start with a deep shuddering breath.

To explain.

-sister and baby niece

- visiting

- this weekend

- groceries necesaary ( I can't say "food" right now)

I am starting week 2 of CD and have slain my first dragon of temptation. It was an ugly tussle.

I strolled into Tesco (for non-Brits, that's one of our biggest supermarket chains) under the foolish impression that it wouldn't be a big deal. After all, my motivation is solid.

I started to tremble as soon as I smelled the piped chinese chicken aroma they gas you with at the entrance doors. I was prepared for baking bread but this? They're getting tricksy in their efforts to part you with the moolah.

Well, then on to flowers. And for the first time in my life I remembered that many flowers make excellent additions to a salad. All I can say now is - huhh ???

I walked on to check the "reduced to clear" section and I must declare it was the fullest I had ever seen it and filled with ALL my favourite foods, not excluding the drinks and deserts I like. It was overflowing. Something I would have prayed for, but rarely seen, in my troughing days.

Suddenly a powerful voice was telling me it was an opportunity too good to miss and I'd never see such treasure again. Was it the voice of God? I started groping the illicit stuff.

I woke up 10 minutes later with an old man saying " Would you like those chocolate mouses dearie,they're my wife's favourite and we can't usually afford them. I'll be waiting to catch them if you don't."
I smiled weakly and snapped out of it.

Did I really stand there for so long? I'm rather scared. Got home and nearly cried.

I spent a lack lustre evening feeling sorry for myself and even resentful. Of whom, I wonder? No one forced me onto CD. Eventually I relised that the only reason I felt so bad was because I have little experience in turning up a good feast. Few of us are perfect when trying something new.

This was the start of getting used to feeling strong emotions, riding the tide and coming out the other end.

I know it will be easier next time.

hi..im doing LT and i know exactly what you mean. the first time i had to go into the supermarket the feeling of wanting food was just overwhelming..and especially when we got in the car afterwards because we always had a cake or something afterwards on the way home....but, having a family of four to feed every day and shopping to get every week, you do get used to it...albeit case of having to :)

i hope the weekend goes well for you

h x

I love the way you write, Turquoise :D

Well done on resisting the evil temptations of the Great God Tesco. I promise you it does get easier - especially once you begin to enjoy the euphoria of losing weight more than you want to fumble with chocolate mousses :)

Hi Harriet2 and Summerskye,

Gosh, your losses are impressive. Summerskye, looking at your achevement to goal is a real shot in the arm for me. Props to you both!:party0011:

Loved this post, excellent writing, you came out virtually unscathed hun, well done x

Hi Harriet2 and Summerskye,

Gosh, your losses are impressive. Summerskye, looking at your achevement to goal is a real shot in the arm for me. Props to you both!:party0011:

Glad to be of service Turquoise :cool:

If I can do it, anyone can! Trust me! :D

psssssssssssssst - on-line shopping = no smells! (hehe!) :D

Back