Grovergirl's return to Dukan

grovergirl1

So... 24 hours late (but who was I kidding thinking I could re-start over a bank holiday), and so far, so good.

I have to brace myself for some weighing and measuring but the food's been fine.

Updates later :)

Day 1 done!

Today's meals...

B - nothing (oops)
L - roast chicken (not till 3, today ran away with me)
D - chargrilled squid, prawns in garlic and parsley (splash of oil), low fat cottage cheese with 1tsp mustard.

1L water, bit of coke zero. Couldn't handle water today... Too cold in work!!

Still haven't got it together to weigh/measure, which is daft as I'll regret it in a couple of weeks. Will sleep on it.

Must get the exercise thing going. Have the end of that chest infection thing going on at the moment and it's not helping!!!

Good luck with Dukan and sorry to hear you have not been well grovergirl1...it can be difficult enough to shift a chest infection, you might need some help from your family doctor if you have not been already.

Hope you are feeling better soon:hug99:

Ah, thanks Mini. It's a vile dose, and I've done 1 round of anti-b's, but have heard of some on round 3!!! Hope it doesn't come to that.

If only I were one of those who lose their apetite when sick. Sigh... :eek:

Poor thing, hopefully you will recover shortly and not need any more antibiotics.

I think you are better off if you can eat as you will have the strength and energy to get over it quicker.

Everyone around me seems to be catching flus and colds...I have my fingers crossed I escape:fingerscrossed:

grovergirl1 a good day! But did i read asplash of oil???? tut tut. Will forgive you given the chest infection.

Try and up the water if you can. Oh and you know it's worth getting on the scales to know that you are loosing in a week or two. Well really to see how much you have lost (loads!)

Bren
x

Thanks so much Bren, and thanks for taking the time to post. You gave me just the right kick in the pants to get up this morning, put a batch of oat bran 'cookies' on for breakfast, weigh myself (not as bad as I feared, but not great) and take loads of measurements.

I now feel committed and ready to rock! And it's all thanks to you Bren, so cheers for that.

Hope everyone else is feeling positive today.

It's freezing here, more snow on the way, but I'm going to get the water down today. Also, have dinner out tonight with my parents, but don't think it'll be a prob.

Positive, positive, positive....

Your welcome hun xx

Glad u are pumped and now I'm thinking about cookies tomorrow!

As for the water I read someone having fresh Ginger and mint in hot water? Could be nice and warming or perhaps a chai tea with no milk?

Hey there Grover! Welcome back from another on attack!

Thanks for the welcome back Jo... Hi there! I'm looking forward to making January a successful, productive month :D

So, it's lunchtime and there's a mass office order of bagels, brownies, giant cookies etc going on. I'm holding firm. And almost got my first litre of water under my belt. Whoop. Go me.

Isn't it wonderful being back in control...

Day 2... Done

Breakfast
Oatbran cookies

Lunch
Chicken breast
2x Muller lites

Dinner
Smoked salmon
Roast cod

About 3l water

A great day babes, well done!

Heres to another.

xx

Hey grovergirl! How are you doing? Day ? of attack for you?

This "roasted cod", you mention. Can you elaborate please? I'm not a great fan of white fish, so never bother cooking it, BUT do have some cod in the freezer and was wondering how to use it on a PP day (PV easy with veggies... but PP I thought it might be tooo boring!). Help!

Hey grovergirl! How are you doing? Day ? of attack for you?

This "roasted cod", you mention. Can you elaborate please? I'm not a great fan of white fish, so never bother cooking it, BUT do have some cod in the freezer and was wondering how to use it on a PP day (PV easy with veggies... but PP I thought it might be tooo boring!). Help!

Hi Jo!

All going grand, I'm still trucking on thanks. Without tempting fate here, I find once I get on the wagon, I'm fine as long as I don't cave (a fellow binge-eater!).

The roast cod was ordered in a restaurant when out the other night, on the basis that it was prob the most Dukan friendly thing, so I'm not sure. My guess is that it was seared on a hot pan and then baked in the oven. I had the sauce on the side (I.e. I didn't have it) so it was pretty 'clean'. Maybe there's a recipe on-line?

I'm not a massive fan of cod either, I must say, but in attack, I find 'boring' can be good. After Christmas and a holiday in
Thailand, my poor taste buds need to be retrained and need to calm down!

Yesterday was a busy one at work... But Day 3 went without hitches...

B - oat bran cookies

L - chicken breast, 2 x muller lites

D- 3x eggs scrambled with a little FF nat yog, lots of smoked salmon

About 2.5l water

Defo doing today PP now, possibly tomorrow too. Have stayed off the scales. Next WI on Wednesday....

A good day yesterday hun, with today's menu lookin also fAb.!

Are u doing 4 days of Attack? Well done for staying off the scales.

Defo doing 4days PP Bren, (today being day 4), hoping to do a 5th tomorrow. I'm not finding it hard at the moment, so I'm inclined to go for it while I can. Weekends can be tough though!

Just baked a fresh batch of oat bran cookies for brecky....

I may have to try these Oat bran cookies? Do you make the egg whites into stiff peaks?

You are doing fab on the PP Attack. I know what you mean about weekends, its summer here and I dont want diets to rule my life anymore. So Dukaning with food as best as possibly can and going to have a vodka an diet coke or 2. Then back to PP on Sunday.

Back