Grovergirl's return to Dukan

Hey there!

Bacon - prob not, but lean ham is... So not sure what the difference is when no fat was involved :) Plus I wasn't sure when I'd get to eat again!!!!

Weigh day is wenesday as it was day 2 before I 'seized the moment' last week, so gonna try keep to wednsdays going forward.

Didn't mean to do a PP day today... But that's the way it went. Defo some veggies tomorrow. And maybe sone sugar free jelly! Whoop.

Oh glad the bacon is okay :)

Today is PP for me and tomorrow as WI on Thursday. Ive just made the bread and granola, not bad. Just tasted the bread (that's for lunch with tuna) and had half the granola for breakie. As im vego I get 4Tsp of bran a day instead of 3.

General speaking bacon is not ok (but I hear you re lean ham etc but still best not cos I don't approve "lean ham" either - only packaged "fat free" ham in the French book so I stay well away from pork! haaa!) - but, as you say, you were light on protein without it! Can you take your own food for lunch with you to avoid such issues?

Ref losing more if doing more attack days - he says not. I did five days for a good kick off after a long time off Dukan but he says for the sort of weight loss you're after that three suffice. Seven to 10 are really for very heavy people who are going to be on the programme a long time.

So veggies are yours today! I had them yesterday!

Bacon is probably worth an extra glass of water. I cant eat pork (tried over Xmas, not good) but don't understand why the lean isn't allowed, but I guess it adds variety when it comes to cruise.

Oooh Jaqys, well done on getting the Christmas weight off already! That's a fantastic achievement, both in terms of numbers and headspace.

So, I couldn't sleep last night. At all. I think I got 2 hours in total, so I eventually just got up and worked. And ate cheese. I know. But it was better than Thorntons chocs, other chocs, jelly babies, trifle etc etc that was lying around and *no one would've known* (except for me). At least I stayed off the carbs.

Am tired today, but this should be the last of the manic-ness in terms of work for the next couple of weeks, I hope.

B - none
L - chicken, 2 x muller light
2x dark choc truffles... Er, hello?
S-chicken -to stop me doing more bad
D - roast chicken

Too much chicken!!!

2L water
Weigh day tomorrow.....

Last edited:
Jaq - he says in English book that lean 2-4% is allowed (just not in France!)

He says that of ham in the english book but not pork in general which is on the no list. Even though pork loin can be lower fat than the allowed meats.

I'm so used to doing this diet without pork, ALL pork, I simply continue with the plainer lower fat cuts of meat. I buy 5% fat mince, even though he says 10% is ok after attack. I'm just being as strict as possible to get this weight off as quickly as possible. No deviations. No wonderings why I've not lost this week. If I don't lose one week, it won't be because of food or salt! It'll be the moon shining the wrong colour! Totally out of my hands!

Lol as the ham debate rolls on. Loving the attitude Jo - you sound really focused, I like it!

For myself I'm happy to indulge myself in a little ham once or twice a week. It's tasty and I like the variation it provides, and it makes a good work lunch. I know that water retention from salt is temporary, but I'm sticking to the low fat ham, cooking it at home and then I know I've soaked it to try and draw the salt out and I know how it's been cooked. No prepackaged reformed ham though - it's packed with carbs and fat.

Gurrrrrrrrr

I'm a silly, self-sabotaging disgrace. I had 2 x dark choc truffles at work today. Because I hadn't eaten enough during the day and was hungry, and because I was tired from last night's lack of sleep.

Only putting it up for honesty's sake. I know the bad I have done.

Still, I stopped and got back on track.

Off to update today's menu. Will still weigh in the morning.

Grovergirl, your are only human. And I won't lecture u.... But tut tut!

Good work for getting back on track and realizing where u went wrong. I'm thurs WI so I think u are before me?

Bren
X

GG - well done for sticking to plan last night and not thinking "oh heck might as well continue!". <round of applause>

It's unlikely to affect your weigh in BUT if you come out of ketosis, you might be hungry... so plan extra protein in case.

ref hunger at work - each Monday, I take in extra yogs + one extra piece of chicken to what I need for Monday's menu. That way, all week, I have extra to hand if I need it (I obviously switch the chicken each day so I'm eating oldest first!). Hunger won't catch me out at work! Boiled eggs also are a great filler and easy to transport to work! (Smell less if peeled and in tupperware - I've tested that one for you!!)

I liked curried egg sarnies., perhaps in dukan bread ? Another one to try.

Xx

good tip Jo... and a GG refinement (to stop inhaling the lot before 11am on Day 1), keep the 'emergency rations' in the boot of my car so they don't call to me :D

Weigh-in... last wednesday was 75.1, this week... 73.1, that's exactly 2kg down. Not amazing, but not bad. Good.

GG 2 kgs is great! I only lost that the first week.

You are on your way to goal. Do what u did this week and add something new or change the order you are doing things. It'll keep your body on it's toes!

Well done.

Bren
X

Thanks Bren :D And good tip. Need to pump up the excercise next/this week...

Was tired again today, but not as bad as yesterday. Getting an early night now in the hope that I finally catch up.

Today's food
B - oops, nothing. Prefered the extra Zzzzzs in bed
L - chicken
S - 1 x muller
D - cottage cheese, peppered cooked smoked salmon, 1/2 piece smoked mackrel. 1 x muller

Well done on the fab weight loss this week!

Grovergirl I hope you are too busy exercising to post! LOL

Seriously how is your week going?

Bren
X

*climbs back up on wagon*

Hi all,

I've been a bad, bad Dukaneer... went off plan Saturday and it's taken me til now to get my act together. There are a million justifiable excuses, but non are the point.

The only things I must remember are...
1. I must NOT let myself get overtired. While I can happily use any excuse to overeat, tiredness is the one I can't fight. And I got waaay too tired last week without a chance to catch up. Then the weekend was busy.

2. I hate the way I feel now. Big carb fog. Didn't even enjoy most of what I ate.

So, back to it now.... Hello all :wave_cry:

Back