growl

butter_on_toast

Silver Member
So this afternoon my mum decided she wanted to take me out for a few hours, that was fine, first stop subway, she didn't like the smell so walked out (I may add my mum is 5ft 2 and if she weighs more than 125lbs id be shocked)

next stop a electrical place as she wanted to get my hubby a refil for his soda stream, but the cue was big so again walk out

next stop a clothes shop - groan, I picked up 2 different skirts, a dress and some tops, went to try them on, she insisted on seeing how I look in them, included in her comments "oh you look fat if i was your size id die, actually id never let myself get as big as you, diet girl etc" (i was once a lot heavier than I am at the moment, and yes mother I know I need to loose weight I do not need your junk)

came away with one skirt, just utterly upset at her , should be used to her being like this , but still hits me hard.

x

I know what you mean.. I now live on the other side of the world from mine and she can still upset me, with just a word.. But we would be who we are ( over weight in all ) today without them lol

right where do i find her??!! xx

Oh! This could be me talking! Had a run in with my Mother (who is a larger lady, I should add) a couple of weeks ago, she says the most hurtful things and then when I tell her I'm offended she tells me to grow up and she was only joking or whatever. My husband works abroad occasionally and she told him recently he should go away and refuse to come back until I'd lost weight! What are they like? And what are we like, letting still letting them upset us after all these years.

KB x

Lucy - either in the haidressers, the nail bar or the golf course!!!

KB - that is sucky

MB - I am sure i was swapped at birth! x

Mothers hey I can totally relate my mum used to do that! Shes not exactly skinny herself! Then when I started loosing it was back handed insult/compliments "oh you look better you used to look disgusting" type of thing the most recent comment from her was "I look really fat bc your even thinner than me now!" lol so I'm pleased with the latest comments maybe I'll through some of what she used to say to me at her? Lol xxx

You poor thing, what nasty things to say! My Mum is lovely and supportive, having lost a fair bit of weight herself a few years ago she "gets it" but my Gran (Dad's Mum) is like that with the comments and digs. I mostly manage to ignore her but she can really get under my skin sometimes.

I know they're hurtful hut you can't let her get to you. You are overcoming a lot and doing well. Sometimes though we have to pull away from the ones that aren't good for us until we've conquered our battles. You can love her but it doesn't mean you have to take what she says.

I've always told my kids ( the youngest particularly) that if they say something bad about someone they also have to say something nice. Eventually they get it and they stop saying the hurtful things.

Be strong butter- you're beautiful inside and out.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Kat thank you hunni i jus get so upset so easily by her

X

Sent from my iPhone so excuse the typos

my dad was the same to me when i lived at home. i always remember when we went on holiday and we was at the airport and we went maccy d's and there were some lads in there and they all started laughing at me when i walked past and my dad stopped and said look there taking the piss out of you fattie. as im writing this i have tears in my eyes it still hurts like hell and that was over 10 years ago that happened. cant get it out of my head. he used to always tell me im ugly and fat and no man wud ever want me (i do have a fella been with him for 6 years and we have 1 child but sometimes i think why the hell does he want to be with me???). even now when im in town when people laugh i always think there laughing about me. I hate the way i look and have no confidence. wish i cud stay in my house with the curtains closed. my dad did this to me and he will never realise what he did to me. :( xx

Kayee, that's a terrible story but it is us who let our parents/friends do this to us, lack of confidence for all of us I'd say. At least we are all doing something about it and as we shed those pounds we should be gaining confidence as we begin to feel better about ourselves. That's the theory. I honestly don't think these people realise how they make us feel, I'm sure it was never their intention to leave us with lasting scars. Just shows, we should all think before we speak! Chin up, you're doing really well!

KB x

thank you kitty bling your right! i know i got to let go of the past and like u said im doing something about it and in time maybe i will feel alot better about myself xx

Back