GSP's journey away from emotional eating

Hi, sorry, I'm still around! Still exercising and counting calories and all that. Well, now I am. I came down with a really bad cold last week, and ended up mostly eating soup and playing the Sims!

Feeling better now, though. Thanks for thinking of me. xx Hope you've both been well?

Awww sweetheart, sorry to hear about that - hope you're on the right side of it now. Take care xx

Trying to stay on the wagon upto Christmas is tricky but will keep fighting :Na_Na_Na_Na:
It is tricky! I have been drooling over everything on display in the shops and doing my best to be content with savouring my advent chocolate.

It's also harder for me to get motivated to take long walks, since it's COLD out there at 6 in the morning! :gen125:

That is a lot of biscuits and sweets to resist! The worst I've been up against so far was at my husband's work xmas party. Sweet AND savoury treats everywhere. Savoury stuff is always my downfall.

I love my walks, and most of me stays warm once I get moving, but ugh that wind against my face! Some mornings a balaclava looks tempting. :D

Haha! I think I need that reindeer balaclava!

I decided to check my waist to hip ratio, since I lost another inch from my waist but none from my hips. Sites that calculate it used to give me dire warnings about heart disease, etc, but now it says my ratio is average! The measurements are still too large for my height, but it's a start. :D

I discovered a new way to keep myself motivated during December: Advent chocolates. It sounds crazy, but having that one sweet per day gave me a treat to look forward to, and it was controlled and small. Soooo I've filled my Honeydukes jar with salted chocolate caramels and have been having one sweet per day in January, too. :D My rule is that if I binge and eat them all, then I won't let myself refill the jar. So far it's been working really well! Kicked the couple of pounds I put on at the in-laws, and am a pound lower than where I was before Christmas.

Hope you both had a great holiday season and are doing well! xx

well done hun your doing great x x

Well done hun :) One small controlled amount really seems to help doesn't it :) And you know you're not depriving yourself too! :) x

Back