GSP's journey away from emotional eating

Oh poor thing, nurse that cold right away!

And all the best with CCing, you know it works for you and we really have to make this eating plan as easy as possible! :)

I think it comes down to SW being easier to plan out for the week, but CC being easier for me day by day. Or it comes down to me being easily distracted with diet plans. ;)

Still feeling a bit bleurgh this morning. Stupid throat. Today's menu is going to consist of soup and toast, for the most part. BUT I weighed in, and I'm down 1 lb, which means I hit my April goal and I've officially lost 7 stone! :D AND if I stay on track next month, I will be under 200lb for the first time since I was a teenager!!!

Also, I discovered some lovely ice lollies that are just 52kcal. Claudi and Fin strawberry greek style yogurt lollies. They're the sort I can nurse forever--not like choc ices, etc, which I tend to gobble up within 2 seconds. :D They have mango ones as well, but I haven't tried those yet.

Or it comes down to me being easily distracted with diet plans. ;)

LOL we all do that - but somehow you keep coming back to what works longterm, which CCing does for you babes.

And bloody WOOHOO on the 7 stone!!! OMG I can't even imagine how wonderful that must feel, bet you are dancing round the kitchen! :D The happy buzz will chase that nasty cold away!

Feeling a bit better today. Managed to drag myself to the supermarket to stock up on food, armed with a pocket full of cough sweets.

The 7 stone feels surreal! Still haven't lost my fat goggles. I still picture myself how I was, and get surprised when I look in a full-length mirror sometimes. I imagine that'll go away with time. :) Probably doesn't help that I'm still changing, so the view doesn't stay the same for all that long.

Menu today (back on the calorie counting):
Breakfast: 3 laughing cow triangles, strawberries, a little bag of Walker's Sun Bite pitta crisps (I was going to have toast, but forgot we were out of bread!), and a Weight Watcher's chocolate ice cream pot. Breakfast of champions, obviously.

Lunch: Quorn southern style burger, minestrone soup

Snacks: Claudi & Fin mango ice lolly, half an avocado, hard boiled egg, clementine... and several cough sweets.

Dinner: baked aubergine with cheesy stuffing, wholewheat pasta, rocket, broccoli

Using recipes that had their calorie content already calculated and just quick-entering calories on MFP was SO much easier. And MFP has me on 1290 calories now. They keep punishing me for losing weight! The big meanies. At least it can't drop much lower, since I know it won't go under 1200.

Sorry to hear you're feeling poorly but hopefully on the mend ;)

7 stone will be amazing :D & I'm with Susie any diet works it just has to be one you can make work in the right way for you

I so get the fat googles. Just tried on two different dresses for the wedding reception I'm off to on Saturday (as going to shop for accesories this afternoon) Both are very normal if not small sizes but I still stood in front of mirror seeing a size 30 :(

Blooming fat goggles (actually I have to tell you - like an 8 year old - I typed "fart" by mistake and then got the giggles :D) - I hate that our brains play with our body perceptions, especially when you've all worked so hard to achieve such fabulous losses!

But YUM on the baked aubergine, that sounds well lush!

Sx

I think I want fart goggles even less than I want fat goggles! :8855:

The baked aubergine was really good! Got it off of a list of vegetarian meals under 300cal. Since I'm on just over 1200/day, I did this week's meal plan by splitting it up into 4 meals of 300 each (though the snacks are usually sprinkled throughout the day, whenever I want them). I suspect evenings will be a struggle, but they always have been, whether I was on 1200 calories or 2200!

I looked up what calorie level I should be able to eat to maintain my weight once I reach my goal. Between 1600something and 1800something. Right now that sounds like a feast! Never would've said that before.

Food for today:
Breakfast: oat milk and summer berry smoothie, banana
Lunch: Leftover aubergine thing
Snacks: weight watchers dessert recipe yogurt (I am obsessed with these right now), claudi & fin ice lolly, 1/2 avocado, 20 almonds
Dinner: rice, soy glazed tofu, sugarsnap peas.

ohh im going to have a go at this one yum yum x x

Afternoon, everyone. :) Hope you're all well.

Haven't got around to updating this in a couple of days, but I've been sticking to my plan. Finally got back on the walking 10,000 steps per day bandwagon as well, since I'm feeling like I'm finally over the cold.

Food!
Breakfast: Toast + laughing cow, clementines
Lunch: Leftover bean burger
Snacks: claudi & fin ice lolly (have just been to Sainsbury's to get supplies to attempt to make a copycat. If it works, it'll be about the same price for 12 that Sainsbury's charge for 4 of these things), grapes, 10 almonds
Dinner: Chickpea stir fry, rice, green beans

ohh lollipops x

The ice lollies are just fat free greek yogurt blended together with fruit. I made strawberry, blackberry, and blueberry. For the blackberry ones, I did add a little bit of sugar, since even the "sweet snacking variety" are a bit tart at this time of year. For the others, no sugar was needed.

The storebought ice lollies are basically what I used (but both varieties they sell do have added sugar), plus reconstituted whole milk and some thickeners. I'm thinking they must partially freeze it while churning it, frozen yogurt style, before putting it in the lolly moulds. Theirs are much creamier than mine, with none of the ice crystal things that I got. Still, mine are pretty good! And with the amount of fruit and yogurt I needed to fill my moulds, it worked out to about the same number of calories as the storebought ones -- 55 cal each. :D Except the blackberry ones, which are slightly higher due to the sugar.

My husband forgot that our ice lolly moulds REALLY need to be run under warm water before attempting removal. He tore 3 of the sticks out of the strawberry ones. :8855:I was upstairs, came down to see why he was cursing, and found him staring forlornly at the things.

My back has decided that now is a great time to act up. Hmph. I disagree! At least it doesn't keep me from walking. It actually feels better during a walk, compared to when I'm sitting still.

Food!
Breakfast: summer berry smoothie, banana
Lunch: Leftover chickpea stirfry thing
Snacks: half an avocado, 10 almonds, and one of my homemade ice lollies :D
Dinner: Goat cheese and tomato pizza. Not as much as I'd like, of course. The amount I'm making will serve both my husband and me for dinner tonight and lunch tomorrow. Back in the day, I would've made twice that amount and we each would've had a pizza to ourselves!

Going to go catch up on all of your news now! x

Oh gosh sorry to hear about back GSP, that's a bugga!

But lol on OH grappling with the ice lolly sticks :D And that pizza sounds lush!

OK, the blueberry ice lollies did NOT turn out nicely. Bleuuuurgh. I don't know what happened, but the yogurt went all weird and chunky! The other two kinds were fine. The blueberry one I just tried is now sitting in the sink, melting. And I nicked one of husband's 0% Yeo Valley greek style w/ honey yogurts as a replacement snack. It's the least he could contribute, after yanking all of the sticks out of the good ice lollies. :D

Back is feeling a bit better today. It had better keep it up!

Food:
Breakfast: toast, laughing cow triangles, clementine
Lunch: asparagus and eggs
Snacks: walnuts, cheese string, aldi delight bites, raspberries, cherry tomatoes
Dinner: mushroom burger, melon and strawberry mix, weight watchers lemon yogurt

Back