Guility using all syns?

Keldelacoe

Vintage Virgin Vegan
Morning :)

Is it just me but I don't real ygbkm about using my syns much and only really use them in meal as ingredients. Usually 2-6 daily. Then if. Use them all I have a guilty feeling I have blown it? Must be a mental thing? I got up in the night and ate 2 hi fi bars (prob as I was awake most of the night) although all within my syns.

Must get out of this mind set ?!

i know - its hard!!!!
i joined sw in 2008 the first time, i lost 2 st in 4 months which is brill, but i didn't have many syns!!! i went 9 weeks with no chocolate, then had a big binge and gained weight, then instead of drawing a line under it and carrying on with sw it messed the whole thing up!!!!!
i restarted last month and i am having more syns (usually 8-10 a day) and im losing weight faster this time than i was before!!! (same starting weight) its best to have all your syns as this eating plan is long term, not a quick fix, and everyone needs a treat now and again!
i tend to use my syns in cooking too :)
good luck xxx

I'm the opposite, I tend to have the best part of 15 syns every day & I hate using them on meals. I much prefer my ice cream mars, skinny cappucino etc. Life without treats would be no good to me.

It all depends what you term a 'treat' I suppose. I don't drink and don't eat things like chocolate, biscuits, crisps. Those additions to my meals or that glass of fruit juice are my treats.

I'm the opposite, I tend to have the best part of 15 syns every day & I hate using them on meals. I much prefer my ice cream mars, skinny cappucino etc. Life without treats would be no good to me.

And i can see by your loss that using your syns on chocolate hasnt made a difference. It does worry me some times that i eat too much choc, my syns go on a curly wurly in the evening and sometimes maybe a options hot choc. Obviously i do not need to worry.
Claire
xx

I use the majority of mine, if not all, everyday. My mums friend did slimming world, and decided not to have her syns at all and put on weight each week. If you are losing weight by not having all your syns, I see no reason why you can't stay like that, unless you don't want too. If I cut my chocolate out I would end up binge eating after less than a week. Knowing I can eat that chocolate bar or that packet of crisps without feeling guilty makes me slightly happy

I do my syns weekly as I like a drink at the weekend but I use all my syns every week.
I usually use my syns for sauces during the week as I love bbq and brown sauce (used to love mayo pre-slimming world but barely eat it now) and then alcohol on the weekend although I've been craving 'junky' foods because of the cold weather and have been eating quite a bit of choc and had a KFC yesterday - all out of my weekly syns.
So far in the last 3 days I have used 42.5 syns (39.5 syns used and another 3 planned for today) so obviously I have not got many to spare at the weekend at the mo but am still within my syns and have eaten KFC and curly wurly's in that. :)

I know I wouldn't cope if I didn't have syns and would end up binging. Plus, I figure that, if I use all my syns now, then I can always cut back if my weight plateau's at a later date, ya know?

clairebear83 said:
And i can see by your loss that using your syns on chocolate hasnt made a difference. It does worry me some times that i eat too much choc, my syns go on a curly wurly in the evening and sometimes maybe a options hot choc. Obviously i do not need to worry.
Claire
xx

I tend to use my Syns on chocolate and options and I've lost 15.5lbs in 5 weeks so I haven't had any problems with using my Syns on choccy and until it does start to slow down my losses I will carry on doing so :) x x

I don't think it has started with me thinking I must not have all my syns but to be honest I'm not much for chocolate and stuff so I don't really think about using them... I get to the end of the day and think oh I have only had X amount of syns today... Never felt to use them for using them sake. Trouble is now if I do have days where I crave something I feel guilty!

It's all v silly.. Ppl do say though they do lose more weight when they use them :)

Why feel guilty? If we weren't supposed to use our Syns then we wouldn't be given any to use in the first place.

Just believe in the plan. Stick to it, and you'll see the results.
No need to feel guilty what-so-ever.

I have been using my syns up most days, then last week I didn't seem to use as many (no real reason just didn't lol) and I STS last week so I have been using more again this week usually options with squirty cream :D

mrsthunderbolt said:

Me tooooooo!

My C does say that you should use 10 every day, because then as you approach target, if you're struggling to lose those last few pounds, you have something to cut back on. I've got over 4 stone off having 15 a day so the plan, inc syns, does work x

Debsie_websie said:
My C does say that you should use 10 every day, because then as you approach target, if you're struggling to lose those last few pounds, you have something to cut back on. I've got over 4 stone off having 15 a day so the plan, inc syns, does work x

Great advice thank you, must try harder! :)

I have a mini kit kat (5.5 syns) every day. It keeps me in line because it's something to look forward to and stops me from building up the craving and then blowing it all by gobbling 3 choc bars in a day or whatever.

I would love to not want my syns but they keep me on the straight & narrow so up until recently have had my full 15 syns most days. My weight has plateaued lately so I have cut back to between 9-12 but I honestly think that for me any lower & I would be liable to go off plan completely.

I guess we are all different though & what works for one my not work for another but so long as we stay on track & get to our end goals what odds about how we get there :)

Back