Gunpowd3r and my partner's weight loss diary

Haha thats great!! Wonder what it'll be... Think i need a quiet word with my mum and dad ;) xx

Well done gun to you and your hubby. Great news about the tuna/salmon etc I might even drop down to 3 packs and do that with veg over the weekend, as I find the weekend my hardest

Well done for doing a full week, and well well done for the losses! Amazing work, and I'm still jealous of you for the support of your OH! I think for a lot of people the first week is difficult but you sound so positive, so good luck for weeks 2 and 3 and ..........onwards and upwards!

Thank you Moosh :) It does help we are both on it but the downside is we are both a bit snappy with each other lol so having the odd snipe but i know it's just us getting into it and getting diet brain on ;)

First week went dead slow am hoping next few weeks go quicker.

On the plus Virgin media has given us tickets to Britains Got Talent this friday so we off to Birmingham for the day should get our minds of food(hopefully)lol lmao maybe i should take a banner saying something about S&S haha. :)

Well done you two - great results.

Thank you Tara and BG :)

I am hoping everyone stays strong gets in the zone and we all keep dropping the weight....the diaries are brill i am thoroughly enjoying clocking in to other peeps everyday see how they are getting on.

Went for the weekly shop(ha that's a joke) to Asda earlier now in months gone past i would enjoy strolling round putting whatever i fancied in the trolley no matter how fatty/sugary etc didn't matter but now oooooh it is very different, every back of pack is checked for carbs/protein /kcals per 100g and any naughties.....my trolley looked so angelic all fresh veg..haddock...salmon...tuna and chicken only downside is the reduced lmao there is never anything healthy in it only some minging bits of fish that don't always smell the best rest is fatty stuff....

Also why oh why is it the supermarkets have all the fat laden sugary and unhealthy stuff on offer!!! Every end aisle had something down to £1 or half price and nothing i could buy as it was not the healthiest :(

Something needs done to lower the cost of healthier foods and make them more accessable to everyday people and also learn people how to feed their families healthier cutting sat fats out and bringing sugar down in foods....all the new products that come out ar emostly unhealthy.

In the past few weeks alone i have seen a few new choc bars coming out!!! But nothing healthy being released...i guess in modern society "fat sells" :(

Bit of a rant but it annoys me, my shopping bill was huge for the piddly wee trolley i had.....yet had it been burgers,sausages,pizzas and fat it would have been half the price.

Our problem with eating is not bingeing or cooking unhealthy, it's meals out and takeaways, we would have takeaway around 4-5 days a week wages permitting, or eat out having a few 3 course meals(always having pudding i love my puds)this is mostly what we are both dying for we need out weekly fix....to behonest this is the longest in the 8 years i have been with my partner i have been without a takeaway of some sort....same goes for him.

It is like a drug calling us everytime we are out, the mere mention of a well known burger joint has my OH drooling :( seems society as well is addicted to junk food....i noticed yesterday in town the amount of advertising for junk food, every phone box or billboard had 99p deals or "healthier burgers" on ridiculous, most cafes/food outlets in the shopping centre are fatty food/fast food/unhealthy food......no salad bar or fresh stall in fact we have one healthy smoothie stall and that is it!!!

I think in order for ppl to change the society we live in needs to change to the healthier to brainwash us into accepting healthy instead of fat............

I think on this diet you soon realise you don't need huge amounts of food to feel full, you can make a healthy low fat filling meal form basic ingredients...and it teaches you with the very few extra allowances we have to make different tasty meals that are healthy!!!!
Back to basics in a way...:)

Phew huuuuuge rant but it irritates me.

I agree with you 100%. In this day and age most of us lead lives of excess and that's what is marketed and force fed to us everyday. More more more. Bigger is Better. Alot more families now have two working parents, whereas some years ago the mother, or in some cases the father would stay at home. Leaving more time to cook and prepare healthier home cooked food, it's all about time saving and convenience now, it's easy to grab a bulked up, processed micro meal than cook for yourself, or grab a takeaway on the way home, not pots to wash etc.

It's sad but unfortunately it's now become a socially acceptable way to fuel our bodies. I love cooking healthy meals, and enjoy cooking, but I have a hectic schedule and often work 10-13 hour days, my problem has always been my addiction to sweets/choc. Could eat very healthily for a few days and then binge! Especially when on my own, in the evening.

It's hard to change behaviour, but it can be changed, it's not something we are born with, it develops within us and it can be stopped. I do think of it as addiction or habit, takes alot to overcome it, but it's not impossible x

Theres nothing wrong with going out for a meal, or having the odd takeaway, but only in moderation. I have to learn this about my chocolate habit, and me and my OH would go out once a week/fortnight for a meal, I wouldn't get three course, but I'd not have a healthy main at all. Eat until being well past full for the sake of it! x

Totally Tara I grew up with homecooked meals as my mum stayed at home and brought us up but like you say most families they have no option but for both parents to work and work long hours .

You only have to see the amount of school kids in these fast food places getting the 99p things several times then hanging outside with their friends later getting more :(

Well i am hoping this diet makes us moderate our takeaway habits as we were not as bad as we have been the last year or so, but then modern stresses make you grab the food to comfort you!! On this diet you have to find other ways to cope with stress etc which is another bonus!

Take yesterday Valentines day all i was bombarded with when out and about was food,choc,sweets,cookies every food shop had a fatty valentines section, and now one day after pancake day is being pushed at us(and we love the bleeding day) :( and easter eggs, then halloween full of sweets it seems to never end....

well i better get to bed and not dwell on it lol, just had a delicious hot caramel shake(they are truly wonderful) lool.....got 2 left so hoping my order comes tomorrow so i can eat cottage pie and drink hot frothy caramels hehe oh the simple life lol.

Night night everyone :D

I cant wait to try this hot caramel :) I take it its the same amount of water but out the kettle instead, or microwave it?? (im so clueless lol)

Rather than have my chicken last today im going to have it around 4 and save my hot caramel shake for a pre-bed time treat :D xx

Great Idea Stef...the hot caramel is like a bedtime treat tastes like an indulgent hot choccy type drink, reminds me of custard powder and sweet evaporated milk so lovely:D

To heat be careful lol you don't want lumps or it exploding in the kitchen lmao...i do mine the usual way with the usual water, water in shaker first then powder, lid on shake like heck! Then i pop the shaker base/or plastic jug in the microwave for 30 secs check stir,30 secs,check stir etc till i am happy it's hot enough, i either have it plain or with a tsp coffee and it becomes a yummy latte.

They come out lovely got OH on them now lol. :D:D:D

I take it my bleeding citylink man isn't coming till 3.30pm again fgs(he better come with my cottage pies).....i am dying on cottage pie tonight with cabbage, but got a lovely bit of smoked haddock for both of us so might be that poached with salad hmm not sure which meal would go best lol........COTTAGE PIE yum yum yum

OH lost 1lb today it is moving slowly but in the right direction, i told him he needs to drink more, he struggled past few days to get 3l down and had sts....i find the water defo makes the scales move......

Yep cant wait for it :D

As you have probably realised i am an absoloute disaster in the kitchen, my oh should of been a chef he is such a good cook, i am the mum who destroys microwave meals lmao So yes i possibly would blow my kitchen up making a hot s&s shake!!!

What was you having delivered today?

The smoked haddock sounds good!! Im gonna get some fish next week i think :D
I love tuna and saw someone say you could have it (in spring water) that with peppers and cucumber ahhh lovely!!

Well done to your hubby, i'm with him on the water front i'm really struggling, trying my best tho!!

Do you both weigh yourself everyday? xx

Yes we are daily weighers, although at min i cba with it as daily doesn't show much, i would prefer a weekly surprise lmao :) No point stopping OH he is desperate to see the 19's lol

Was having our fortnightly delivery today, don't run out of stuff yet but i order the big mans pack so it has a few extra days in there incase delivery is late. Plus a sample of latte shake and a mushroom soup to see if it's as nice as chicken soup.

Was thinking one night of making one of the soups thicker and pouring over my fish or chicken with veg like a sauce, if the mushroom is nice gonna add garlic and mushrooms then pour over my chicken yum :D will be delish with cauliflower :)

Got to wait on the soups though they out of stock till prob mon or tues so hanging on in there lol.

I feel so drained and tired and a bit sore today am guessing totm is round the corner, although mood wise i feel ok quite upbeat just fed up off sitting around for the delivery.
Have had a flu virus since middle of december too, went to the docs the other day and she said my body was low and i have been re-infected :(lovely, my tonsils are huge and very very sore when i swallow...be glad when the warmer weather comes in and all these colds and flu viruses bugger off!!!

How are you getting on with day 2 :)

I use to weigh myself like 5 times a day i got so obsessed haha so now the scales have been hidden untill every wednesday morning!!

Aww sorry to hear your feeling unwell, these colds and virus's dont seem to be shifting atall!!
Will you get antibiotiics for your tonsils?

I might add a few sample soups in my next order (not really a soup person but they may suprise me)
Did it arrive yet?

Ahhh totm eh, i dont have one anymore haha ive been on the depo injection for 4 years (part of the reason why i believe i struggle to lose weight on ww, sf etc..!) So dont get any totm symptoms!!

Hope ur feeling better 2morro!

Im doing great today, much better than yesterday, this time yday i was starvin and getting abit pee'd off but im fine today, alittle hungry but trying to wait till 5.30 :D xxx

Was thinking one night of making one of the soups thicker and pouring over my fish or chicken with veg like a sauce, if the mushroom is nice gonna add garlic and mushrooms then pour over my chicken yum :D will be delish with cauliflower :)[/QUOTE]

Yes, absolutely yummy. I do that, especially when I have AAMW and I struggle to get all 3 packs in along with a meal x

I use to weigh myself like 5 times a day i got so obsessed haha so now the scales have been hidden untill every wednesday morning!!

Aww sorry to hear your feeling unwell, these colds and virus's dont seem to be shifting atall!!
Will you get antibiotiics for your tonsils?

I might add a few sample soups in my next order (not really a soup person but they may suprise me)
Did it arrive yet?

Ahhh totm eh, i dont have one anymore haha ive been on the depo injection for 4 years (part of the reason why i believe i struggle to lose weight on ww, sf etc..!) So dont get any totm symptoms!!

Hope ur feeling better 2morro!

Im doing great today, much better than yesterday, this time yday i was starvin and getting abit pee'd off but im fine today, alittle hungry but trying to wait till 5.30 :D xxx

you may find TOTM coming back BIG TIME on S&S. I have an implant and was TOTM free and within a month of starting my VLCD, TOTM started too and now it's lasting up to 2 weeks with a few days off in between...so erratic and such a pain. Fingers crossed that it will settle down eventually :)

you may find TOTM coming back BIG TIME on S&S. I have an implant and was TOTM free and within a month of starting my VLCD, TOTM started too and now it's lasting up to 2 weeks with a few days off in between...so erratic and such a pain. Fingers crossed that it will settle down eventually :)

I know that feeling. i've gone from never getting a period, to never not having one. Tell a lie, I had a week without one..... *sigh*

Oh my ,my totm can bugger off lol :) makes me crave choc like i never had it before but on the up it also makes me feel very sick so i don't want to eat ha ha

Never got antibitoics Stef the doc said wait another week and if it's not cleared she will take my blood yet again :rolleyes:

My order came about 5 mins after i posted last lol and kindly i had 2 sets of vitamins in it:) Just waiting on the crispy choc's and chick soups being forwarded on.

Have been guzzling water all day.So thirsty and my mouth is an arid desert off rubbish !!!!

Dinner was......COTTAGE PIE!! yum with the haddock, i had salad but couldnt eat it, i enjoyed my haddock thoroughly and my pie but somehow i was disinterested at the same time.

So tired but a bodybuilder friend said to OH it is the lack of carbs now making us feel this way he says little bit longer our body will adjust, am hoping so :4635:

On a good note OH has been in work clothes literally all week so today was his first chance to wear normal clothes to nip to Tesco, when he put them on my my the top is usually tight against his tum and moobs but nope it actually was loose!!!!!! We both had cheesy grins, his trousers were dead baggy on the thighs too:D:D At last some real results in just 9 days!!!

Seriously that is the biggest boost and incentive ever to stay on the diet :party0049:

Hope everybody else's evening is going smoothly :D

Better finish reading diaries only got a few more to do lol:D:D:D:D:D

I know that feeling. i've gone from never getting a period, to never not having one. Tell a lie, I had a week without one..... *sigh*

Oh nooo dont tell me that lol, so far so good :\ when i was on LT i never got totm so maybe i wont on this too!!! :innocent0001:

Although im planning on coming off the depo anyway soon as wanting a baby next year and can take upto 3 years to concieve :mad: Sooo will have to get used to totm sooner or later!!!!

Oh my ,my totm can bugger off lol :) makes me crave choc like i never had it before but on the up it also makes me feel very sick so i don't want to eat ha ha

Never got antibitoics Stef the doc said wait another week and if it's not cleared she will take my blood yet again :rolleyes:

My order came about 5 mins after i posted last lol and kindly i had 2 sets of vitamins in it:) Just waiting on the crispy choc's and chick soups being forwarded on.

Have been guzzling water all day.So thirsty and my mouth is an arid desert off rubbish !!!!

Dinner was......COTTAGE PIE!! yum with the haddock, i had salad but couldnt eat it, i enjoyed my haddock thoroughly and my pie but somehow i was disinterested at the same time.

So tired but a bodybuilder friend said to OH it is the lack of carbs now making us feel this way he says little bit longer our body will adjust, am hoping so :4635:

On a good note OH has been in work clothes literally all week so today was his first chance to wear normal clothes to nip to Tesco, when he put them on my my the top is usually tight against his tum and moobs but nope it actually was loose!!!!!! We both had cheesy grins, his trousers were dead baggy on the thighs too:D:D At last some real results in just 9 days!!!

Seriously that is the biggest boost and incentive ever to stay on the diet :party0049:

Hope everybody else's evening is going smoothly :D

Better finish reading diaries only got a few more to do lol:D:D:D:D:D

Ohhh good new about the vitamins!
And well done on the water, im drinking more pop than water, need to stop doing that as of today my aim is to drink as much water as i can, i know i'll never manage 3ltr but hey ho!

Ahhhhh well done to your hubby thats excellent!!!
Can you imagine the results at the end then!? :bliss:

xxx

Back