Gunpowd3r and my partner's weight loss diary

Ooops, I read your ticker wrong.:D

Hopefully, you will have a great week 3, since you'll have TOTM out of the way x

Great losses you two! :)

And I know what you mean about the posts, I havent picked my laptop up for 2 days and I think I'll be here for the next 2 days trying to catch up on everyones diaries! lol!

Ahhh well done you two thats brilliant!!! xxx

Those are great losses and next week will probably a good one for you too. Well done.

Keeping up with the diaries here is a great way of keeping the fridge door out of reach!

You see you've lost less than the OH but your cat is further along the ticker than his aeroplane :). You go girl. What are you going to do when you're done and he still has some to lose? Does he need you to be on it for support? You'll end up really skinny :)

Well done on your weight loss and OH's too. I got TOTM week 2 too and it killed the weight loss. However half way through week 3 and been 100% last 3 days, went for nap this afternoon and woke up to a god awful taste in my mouth, hopefully in ketosis finally. After all its taken me 3 weeks of fannying around to get there. Good luck with week 3.

Hey hun how you both doing? Feels like ive not seen much of you in a while :) xxx

Hiya Everyone :)

Thanks for the supportive messages, lol BG my little cat is bouncing along hehe.

I ain't been on much as me and OH had a looong chat over the weekend....

OH has been very depressed/moody/angry since starting and feeling tired constantly and down he knows it's the diet and even though he isn't hungry he longs just to eat normally, things really came to a head when we were out and about no where caters for ppl on low carb diets, we had a small diet coke and it literally knocked us both out of ketosis which was so disheartening.It seems you tread such a fine line staying in ketosis and the slightest thing knocks you out:eek:lol

Anyway i did agree with him i have been so very tired since starting i have hardley been able to do anything,the dog has had short walks instead of long ones and painting the rest of the living room seems like a neverending task:jelous:.

So the decision was made we would stop the diet:eek::eek: but go on a low cal/healthy low fat diet a bit like we did before but more intense.I know the weight loss will slow down as we are out of ketosis on higher cals but we are making some positive changes and i have taken a lot from the S&S diet.

OH is going to come walking the dog with me which is at least an hour a day, we are getting the bikes back out and as for takeways we have made a pact they are a fri/sat night treat.:rolleyes:The money we save from takeaways/meals out we will use for treats like Lush, new clothes etc....

I have missed cooking as well while being on the vlcd, i enjoyed cooking meals and now i am tasked with getting lots of tasty low fat recipes(dig them back out lol).

We are still on target and are 1lb down since starting this on saturday,there is no naughty things in the house and i don't intend to buy them.:eek::)
Trouble was before i cooked lots of healthy low cal/fat meals which filled us but maybe 5 times a week we would have takeaway, i don't know why just because we could i guess and couple that with buying unhealthier biscuits,chocs,crisps and choccy yoghurts my OH put on what he lost when we did the diet during summer.

Although i do have a huge box of the S&S bits lol think i will have to ebay them hehe.

As i say we have learned from this diet:

1--There is no sugar now--OH before would have 6-8 cups with 2-3 sugars, now he has spenda.
2-- We only have zero drinks or no added sugar and are still drinking water and less milk.
3-- We are sticking to skimmed milk and not going back to semi-skimmed.
4--OH is enjoying wholegrain cereals now as he can hae splenda on them instead of sugar or sugary cereals.
5-- Chicken and veg is a delicious meal!!
6-- I have done without white bread for weeks and won;t be going back to it only wholemeal or wholegrains.
7--We did without takeways and meals out for almost 3 weeks!! the longest ever so this has spurred us to stop the bad habit and have it as out weekly treat.:rolleyes:
8--After being without normal foods we eat for almost 3 weeks we are appreciating food more and something as simple as a bowl of proper porridge is well recieved lol(as i could not stand the s&S stuff :( ).
9--Fruit and lots of it, OH is learning all new fruits he is enjoying.
10--fresh cooked meals no ready made pizzas,meals or anything. I have loads of recipes which are low fat i will cook it myself lol.
11-- Breakfast is no longer skipped or an unhealthy croissant with proper butter or pancakes dripping with syrup--- it's wholegrain cereal, wholemeal toast and eggs,porridge or fruit or a fresh smoothie.I am making sure OH has breakfast every morning as he didn't always before, he would go to work and have a large full fat latte where now he enjoys the skinny latte.

I will still be around as you never know we might pop back on it lol.

I am the lightest i have been for a good few years and OH is 5lbs off the 19's which he hasnt seen for about 4-5 years!!!;)

Still gonna update my ticker and stuff but think a monthly weigh in would be better as i have put us both on my fitness pal intending to drop at least 1lb a week, i am loggin everything we eat and all exercise it is very motivational.So obviously losses will be slower:rolleyes:

And omg how much have i missed fruit, i am mental for it and always have a big fruit bowl and it's cherry season now( i eat about 2 packs a day yum yum)and everytime i went shopping i longed for clementines and grapes to eat...my fruit bowl is half full now as we have bene filling up with the rainbow stuff :D

God got loads of posts to catch up on now lool seems lots of lovey new ppl have joined :D:D

I hope everybody else is doing well :D Gonna catch up with all your diaries now.

I don't feel this is a bad move we have made or feel angry for giving the diet up, it was working physically but not mentally we were getting stressed and angry and down and that isn't a good state of mind to be in. I feel for us the good old fashioned way of eat less move more is in order, now we have lost that bit of weight the inspiration is there to keep going see what we can do and carry on this healthy eating for life...........

Oooh another long winded post hehe :D:D

It has been our pleasure to have you.

I can completely sympathise with the constant feeling of fatigue. I seem to always be tired, sore heards, seemingly endless totm... I also have depression and I'm not 100% sure if this way of eating affects that.

But, I'm torn between continuing and feeling lousy for another 4 months or so, or changing onto something else.

Its a hard decision, and I'm glad you've both done what you feel is right. I wish you all the best :)

Thanks Claire.

I love this forum!!! Everyone on it is so supportive and helpful and non judgemental.

I do feel this is the better path to take for me and OH, and i did feel a failure when realisation hit that maybe this diet wasn't right, but i guess you realize within 3 weeks whether it is right for you or not.

And amazingly it was cheese i dreamed of non stop and cheesy items when i was on the diet, haven't had any since coming off lol.

My fitness pal is fantastic, and i only found out about it because of this site, just being able to log everything you eat/drink /do is brill it lets you see exactly what you are taking per day and how many cals you should be having(it's got me at 1400 ooh err).

Oh! We'll miss you but seems a well-thought-out desision, not a snap one. No diet is good for every single person, I've been considering changing back to low-gi too but I want to stick it for a bit longer. On balence, as I live alone, cooking for one is just annoying you end up spending more and wasting more! Different for the two of you.

All the best for the future, keep us updated with everything! Just think how well you've done, 3 weeks of your life is all it took to get smaller and healthier so you are so much better off than if you never started!

All the best to you and your partner Gunpow3er. from what you've written, the last 3 weeks have been a huge learning curve for you - they certainly haven't been a waste.
Glad you'll still pop in and keep us posted x

Awww, i know there was somethin goin on!!!
Good luck in your new decision, Youve both got each other to support which is brill, you'll both do amazing!!!
And thankyou for all ur tips!!
Hope to see u keep popping in :) Love me xxx

Good Luck with your new way of life. I can totally appreciate the decision you reached and you have to do what is best for you, your other half and for the dynamics of your life. Being tired and grumpy isnt a way to live, no matter how many lbs you lose. Keep us up to date with your progress and also on some of those tasty low fat recipes you will be trying out as we will all need them when we start maintaining. Once again good luck and wish you both all the best.

You've both done great in the 3 weeks that you've done the diet hun, and I'm really glad that you took the time to understand what it has taught you. Hopefully some life lessons that you will remember for life. It's not a failure, it's just another phase of your weight loss journey. And far better to make an informed decision and be in control of what you do next than eat the contents of your kitchen and totally throw yourself off track. And like the others have said it'll be interesting to see how you get on with your new plan xx

Hiya everybody :)

Thank you all for your well wishes, so much support from you all it is lovely to read and you all made some very interesting points.

I have kept away for a few days to get stuck into the "new" diet, it isn't a diet as such more healthier eating and understanding what we are eating.

I have bought a smoothie maker and lots of fresh and frozen fruits, fat free yoghurts etc so gonna start the day with a healthy low fat smoothie.

Actually went to Starbucks today and bypassed the cakes and had the skinny caramel macchiato so was proud with my 146 cal choice hehe.

Bloody supermarkets keep putting the easter eggs right at the front of the store and dirt cheap too and it is tempting, also so is the fresh cake counter but i told OH they all far too fatty too keep away unless it's a once a week treat.

OH is doing well breakfast every day, lean meats lots of fruit and veg and he is even going to try couscous with lots of veg, and wholegrains and more pulses woo.

Been weighing in most days just to see what i have put on and surprise surprise weigh in i lost 1lb!!!!!:eek::eek::D:D:D

So i have lost 11lbs and not put on after coming off the vlcd, well chuffed as we had something naughty as a treat on sun night :whoopass::whoopass: lol but it was our first takeaway in 3 weeks and we haven't been naughty since :rolleyes:

OH is coming out most days with me to walk the dog for an hour, logging it all on my fitness pal and we well within cals/fat etc each day.It is difficult cal counting and sorting meals and trying to keep within the allowance to lose weight but i am managing so far, i guess when you maintain it is something you need to do for life!

We went today for a 2 hour walk and i know if we were still on the diet we would have not had the energy so i defo know for us it was the right choice to change tactics with regards to weightloss.

OH has lost 1lb too:D

Must update the tickers it all counts:cool:.

I hope everybody else is doing well, got to make the effort and catch up with all the posts but omg there is so many:eek::eek:.

Oh well done you! And 1lb is fantastic. Here's pic to remind you of what you shed this week:
1-lb-fat.jpg

oh gunpowd3r I'm sorry to hear the plan didn't work out for both of you but it sounds like you are both doing great and that is what counts :)

if you like cooking and want a healthier option have you looked at the slimming world recipes as my mother in law did great switching take aways for some of their recipes?

make sure you keep us updated with your favourite low fat dishes as it will come in handy when its time to stop the vlcd!

and most importantly thanks for the encouragement, you and others got me started on my journey and reading your updates has really helped keep me going :)

Back