Gutted after first WI

MissC77

This is the 3rd start of the plan and this was the worst week 1 ever!!!
I only lost 4lb but even though trousers felt looser (very slightly mind) my waist measured 1" BIGGER!!!!

Ok, cheats were..... 1 x 1" mini pickled gherkin!!! My CDC said that could've done it due to the salt and water retention!!

I take my last pill thurs so maybe bodys getting ready for the dreaded monthly? Next week i'll be full on in it so at this rate even if I stay 100% I'll probably have a bad weigh-in again (worse even).

I'm gutted :(

I had my first WI yesterday and also only lost 4lbs and I was 100% no cheats at all. It`s just the way this diet goes sometimes.

It could be water retention making you weight heavier, You might have a much bigger loss next week :) Good Luck x

Try not to get down (though I know I would probably be exactly the same)

How much water have you been drinking? Last time I dint drink enough - and that why I started putting on.

Otherwise it might just be your TOTM.

There is a great sticky on here about scales. Read it - it might help. It's key message is - if you know you have been 100% - then you are losing weight in the long term. (even if the sale aren't showing it now due a multitude of potential reasons)

Good luck. Keep at it.

Thanks ladies :) Heres to week 2!!! Any loss is still a loss though I suppose. I just had great expectations and was sent back to earth with an almighty thwack!

im not expecting a huge loss as ive been naughty. but like you say any loss is a loss! Come on week 2!!! :)

Keep drinking your water hun, your loss will most probably show next week :)

hopefully you may find you may have a big loss next week, and TOTM usually affects weigh in, 4lbs is soo good, go and get 4 packs of butter and see what it looks like !

@MissC77 --

Four pounds is FAB... I was good and only lost 3 this week (and am pleased to have lost it).

Your bmi shows that you are overweight (not obese 30+, clinically obese 40+ or morbidly obese 50+). Someone who is overweight and cannot expect to have the huge losses that someone who is lot heavier will have.

It takes more calories to maintain their bodyweight, move themselves around, move blood around their bodies, keep themselves warm, etc.

The closer you get to your healthy bmi the slower your losses will be -- the best thing you can do to speed up your losses is to exercise -- but that can be a vicious cycle: as exercising might make you feel hungry.

When I did LL and was in the group situation -- one week I lost just a pound. Everyone expressed their sympathy and I told them I appreciated their kindness, but I'd rather take my "one pound loss and only have 1 stone left to lose" than someone elses' 7 pound loss who has 5 stones to lose. (Note: I started with 5 stone to lose and a bit.) I wasn't be catty -- I thrilled for their big losses because it meant the were getting closer to goal, too. Percentage of bodyweight wise we were losing in a similar fashion.

MinnieMel

So, YEAH YOU -- four pounds off and only 30 to go!!!

MinnieMel

I had exactly the same hun. Week one weigh in of my restart, 100% SS no cheats and only 4lbs off! Was hoping for more but a loss is a loss and I'm still happy! If I can do 4lbs every week I'd be happier than having a huge loss and then 1-2lbs. Chin up hun, it's all in the right direction!

Thanks guys, the reason I was so put out is because I'd lost 9.5lb on my first week when I tried the plan last May. I had to stop after 3 weeks tho due to training for a 10k run.

I know 4lb sounds alot but what I didn't understand is why my waist went UP 1" when my trousers actually felt very slightly looser in other areas.
My CDC said I'm probably retaining water "because of the gherkin" lol or because I'm due on in a few days.

Oh and I know from experience the first is always the big loss then lower every week. I'd be well happy if I had 4lb next week but due to being on by then and it being the second I think i'll be lucky for 1lb.

you body might need a week more to adapt to the plan and therefore holding or retaining water. do not worry. you should have stayed on plan when training for the 10k. you could have gone up plans and stuck with cd. i've trained for a half marathon whilst doing cd.

you body might need a week more to adapt to the plan and therefore holding or retaining water. do not worry. you should have stayed on plan when training for the 10k. you could have gone up plans and stuck with cd. i've trained for a half marathon whilst doing cd.

WOW Well done! I came off it as I didn't have the time span to go up through the plan then other priorities took over like my mum passing away 3 weeks after the 10k (I pushed her over the line in her wheelchair after my dad got her through the barrier, it was well emotional)

hopefully you may find you may have a big loss next week, and TOTM usually affects weigh in, 4lbs is soo good, go and get 4 packs of butter and see what it looks like !

I think this is a fab post, I 'only' lost 4lbs this week but the way I look at it is it's 4lbs less than I was last week. Yes, you would've thought being 1st week it would have been more like 10lbs or so, but draw yourself a little chart and see it go down and it brings it all into perspective x

Back