Gutted! Not sure what to do now...

Hi everyone,

My first full week on plan, weighed in this morning and I've STS. I'm genuinely devastated. I avoided the scales all week (locked them in a cupboard) and I honestly thought I'd get a loss. :cry:

I've done a mix of red, green and EE days, a 1/3 of my food has been superfree every day no matter what plan, I've had my 5 a day (and more!), I've mixed up my As and Bs, I've had 2 litres of water a day and an average of 12 syns a day. I've never felt hungry or uncomfortably full- and I can honestly say, hand on heart that I've followed the plan 100%, and it's not * week or anything.

I want to cry, the good thing is I don't want to eat. I'm scared now I'll go the other way and start starving myself, anything to get the weight off. Every time I've done SW I've lost at least 3lb in the first week. This is about my 15th attempt though - maybe my body's just so used to the plan it won't make a difference anymore?

I love the plan and I don't want to do any other diet, just not sure what to do now. Think I'm going to give it another 100% week and see if my body can catch up.

Rant over, thanks for reading :)

sorry to hear you have stayed the same but dont let it put you off...see it as a positive that you havent put on. i suspect you will likely to have a loss next week cos you have just started and your body will still be adjusting so keep going!

Keep up with the diet, It's not uncommon for people to have small losses or STS on the first week, but then start losing. You will see the results soon enough!

I've seen this a few times before (as WI lady) and it's heartbreaking for the new member.
However, these members have then gone on to have a fab weight loss the second week.
It's disheartening but you must keep on going. The weight loss will happen!
I also say to people that each time you do SW, some of the SW habits stay with you, so each time you restart you are using less of the new "good" habits so the weight loss isn't always as fantastic as the previous times.

Please don't be too down about it and have another fab week.

It is really gutting isn't it when you have stuck to the plan all week and don't lose anything? Have you increased your exercise at all?
I have very small losses on the plan usually only half or 1lb a week if I am lucky but if I go for a walk or do some exercise I can push it up a bit.
Keep going and I am sure it will come off.

Go out and buy a poster or a mug or something with the wartime slogan on it "Keep Calm and Carry On". Keep saying it to yourself.

One week is not enough to make a judgement about whether it is working or not.

Thank you all - I'm not going to give up - I love the plan too much. Sat here in tears just typing this (!) I'm just so disappointed. But I know it works and I'll keep going. :)

Sorry to hear your fabulous work so far hasn't shown on the scales... YET!

As others have said, please please keep going this week, and you will get that good loss you've been hoping for.

Trust the plan, it really does work xxxxxxxx

Don't cry :( it's not worth the tears! Go and wash your face, dust yourself down and think about the positive changes you are making to your life. Next week you will be telling us about a lovely weight loss next weigh-in and you will wonder what you were worrying about :) oh and a bit of Patti Labelle - New Attitude is a great song, go play it and have a wee dance on the spot :D xx

Perhaps have a few fishy days or a few more red days this week just to try and boost your loss?
I'm trying EE this time but I know that if things slow down too much a blast on the good old original plan will move things along!

Good luck and stay on plan, it will def pay off in the end!

Oh goodness Chips I'm so sorry you are disappointed. I know EXACTLY how you feel as I was good, no 100% GOOD, in my first week and I gained 1 lb!!

I always say this but I really don't think SW should go on about the first week and build people up like that because there are some people who that just isn't true for!!! They are just making it so that people are disappointed and demotivated before they've even started.

Surely everyone is different and it depends on all sorts of things - what you were eating before, how much you have to lose, your metabolism etc!! With me they were lucky I didn't just say "Screw this" and never come back to Slimming World again and go round telling everyone it doesn't work. But exactly like you I loved the plan so much that I just didn't want to give it up because I was enjoying the food so much!

So what I say is, try not to be too upset, carry on as you have been, keep going and you WILL lose the weight and it WILL work for you. Good luck and chin up!!! xxxxx

Sorry to hear that Chips :( Did you weigh yourself at home? Because I am wondering whether your scales are showing an accurate comparision with last weeks weight. I know that even if I move mine one millimeter the difference can be +/- 3-5lbs.

Like others have said just keep going, it will come off :)

I completely feel your pain on this one. I have had that happen before, felt awful and then the next week had a much better loss. Like you, i've also done the plan a few times and do think this can have an impact. Most new members that have the wonderful big losses are new to the plan. It will come off and you'll have a big smile on your face next week.

Stick at it, this is a plan for life and the lbs will come off :D

Thank you so much for the encouragement! Blue Smartie, I do weigh at home, going it alone as after so many times I know the plan well, and I have a spotty carpet so I count the amount of spots from the bathtub so I get it exactly the same every time (sad I know!) Going to post a food diary on here too so if there is anything glaringly obvious someone will hopefully spot it. xx

Hi Chips, I know how you feel, at my second WI I stayed the same having lost in my first week and I was absolutely gutted! I actually felt like I had lost weight (bit trimmer round the tum) and was feeling a lot healthier for eating better.
I know you've decided to do a food diary on here for this week, but do you have one for last week you could look back over at all? I had a look at mine for last week and tbh I wasn't eating my third super free at every meal which I don't think helped me. Make sure you get this at every meal, no matter which day you do. As others have said, drink plenty water, try more speed foods and stick with it. It will come off eventually!

Hi Chips,

Hang in there, a couple days ago I was so worried about my daughter who is on the plan with me from home. The first week she actually gained weight 4lbs, which in my mind is impossible unless it was water retention. I was so worried she would be discouraged and she was to a point but she didn't quit and this week she had a 5lb loss. Her face lit up this morning. So don't you worry, it will happen!

Hi, I don't have mine for last week - it went in the bin in anger lol! Probably should have kept it to have a look at! :)

dawnwynne said:
Hi Chips,

Hang in there, a couple days ago I was so worried about my daughter who is on the plan with me from home. The first week she actually gained weight 4lbs, which in my mind is impossible unless it was water retention. I was so worried she would be discouraged and she was to a point but she didn't quit and this week she had a 5lb loss. Her face lit up this morning. So don't you worry, it will happen!

So pleased to hear your daughter had a good loss, I bet it was just what she needed to see!

Back