Gutted!! Weight not moving on SS

Treadmill just as good as u cant do too much anyway due to having such small calories :)

:) It sounds like treadmill will be absolutely ideal for you then, nice one! To be honest the only reason I swim is because its the only form of exercise i can due to some physical problems, i cant stand for long or walk very far at all :) There is no one size fits all, sounds like you are very determined and finding your way around your obstacles, nice one!

Oh my goodness, exercise... you are all angels! I keep saying I'll get off the sofa but it just hasn't happened! I bought an abs frame from Argos a fortnight ago and it's still in bits in the boot of the car :/ Well, you're all inspirations and I will keep reading your exercise progress to try to persuade myself to join in!

Your losses are just fine, Mrs! Think about what your weight would be now if you hadn't started 7 weeks ago. You're doing superbly! xxxx

A huge thank you to all, still plodding on, will keep you upto date next Friday with next WI, hope you're all having a fab W/E! Anyone got any storms?!? Xxx

We got rain no storm yet im good still being good too :) hope u r mrs b x

Yep still being good, downing 4ltrs of plain water a day now, hubby gonna come swimming with me 2moro too :) will keep you posted on how that goes, as that's a major stumbling block for me!!! Xxx

Good for u x thats one thing i would love to do but far to self conscious at the minute to go hope u have fun x

You should make yourself go, mother! :) I'm much bigger than you and have been swimming since I was about 19 stone. I worried about what the kids in the pool might say and (unfortunately) I did overhear a bunch of 14 year olds having a "would you 'do her'?" conversation and to my surprise one of 'em actually said yes! So it wasn't quite the bullying I'd anticipated, even if it did leave me feeling a little creeped out!!

You should make yourself go, mother! :) I'm much bigger than you and have been swimming since I was about 19 stone. I worried about what the kids in the pool might say and (unfortunately) I did overhear a bunch of 14 year olds having a "would you 'do her'?" conversation and to my surprise one of 'em actually said yes! So it wasn't quite the bullying I'd anticipated, even if it did leave me feeling a little creeped out!!

:D Sorry CB but that made me laugh out loud!! It takes guts to go swimming when you are expecting abuse, bloody good for you.

At my pool they have set sessions every day for length swimming only, there are never any kids around and the adults are of every conceivable size, shape and age and no-one bats an eyelid, do they not do that where you go?

No, because it's a community lido which is targeted at families (lots of inflatable things etc). I try to make myself go during the mornings, when the kids are likely to be snoozing, or during the pool's weekly "late night". Later in the year I'll be joining the proper gym, and then I'll have access to a more adult-orientated pool.

Though unwelcome, the boys' conversation was infinitely better than the last time I encountered a group of teenage boys, when I was about 23 stone and they were coming up behind me on their bikes yelling "Get out of the way, you fat f**king b*tch!"

Just got home from the pool!! Only managed 16 lengths, a far cry from my constant swimming days pre panic attack!! But lurved it!!! Now gotta go out for a therapy session with the Richmond Fellowship but will reply to what CB and HM have been discussing as that's just horrific, just wanted to tell you I did it!!!! Speak later xxx

Mrs B, I've just read your diary and I have to say tht although I don't know you, I am so delighted that you were able to go swimming :) fantastic achievement. Cheryl x

First of all.... A big thank you to Cheryl for her kind words, I feel like I've climbed a mountain today! Lots of love xx

Secondly, the abuse you faced CB is not far from what's happened to me before, I went into Next and got told by the snotty school kid assistant that nothing in here would fit me, I must add that this was back in 1997 just after I'd had my eldest and was shopping for baby clothes, Next also do larger sizes nowadays but back then they didn't!! Never felt so ashamed in my life, I wasn't in there for me as I wasn't delusional, I knew I couldn't wear their clothes! But my baby boy could!!! Over the years I've made my peace with Next and love their clothes, however that memory lives with me!

A massive high five to CB for not letting ignorant bullies stop you doing what you wanted to do!

Today, because my weight loss was slow.... I did something that I thought was lost to me! Ok I didn't go alone (hopefully that will come 1 day) but I got in the pool and swam, I'm a piscean and love the water, I swim like a mermaid and hubby couldn't keep up with me lol!!!! I've gotta add that bit, as he's a competitive bugger and its prob the only time I've felt better than him at something hahaha!!!!

All this just goes to show.... Weight loss isn't just about weight, it's about getting your confidence back, your abilities back, your lifestyle back....and YOU back!!!

Love you all xxx

Looking forward to WI Fri :)

I'm hoping to go again on Thurs and Fri, all thanks to my hubby for coming with me and my eldest for babysitting his brothers and sister!!! I find it so comforting that our lil family has pulled together on this, so I find me again, thru my weight loss and helping me do the things I love again!!! Xxx

You are so welcome mrs!! I think you've been amazing today. As a fellow depression sufferer (mostly post natal, but finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel), I think you've achieved so much today! Plus beating the hubby is always good (I've went from about 60lb heavier than mine to about 7lb heavier-he's taken that bad and went a bought an exercise bike ;-)) but enough about me-well done you xxxx

I'm so glad you're finding the light at the end of your tunnel, depression makes the darkest of days that much darker! It's been a very long road to recovery for me, but I too feel like I'm finally winning!!!
Oh your poor hubby, he's had an ego battering lol!!!! Keep it up and you'll fly by him!! Lol!! I weigh loads more than mine too, so I know how that feels, he's 12st 10 and I've only just got down to the 18st mark!!!! So I think he's safe for a while lol!!! However in the water you're free, weight doesn't hold you back and I stormed it!!!! Lol!!!
Xxx

Great so pleased for you mrs b! It's lovely to hear everyone's positive stories xxx

Back