gutted

ellie2409

Hi there,

I have had three great weeks with a 13lb loss so far but now i am desperately upset this week. I had a chippy dinner (anniversary) had steamed fish and chips, mushy peas and tartare sauce. calculated 40 syns altogether. that was two days ago. I am trying to be good all this week to compensate for this over syning but i weighed myself today and i am 10lbs heavier! How on earth is this possible?? I am trying to drink as much water as possible, i havent gone to the loo for a few days but 10lbs? I am devastated :( Has anyone else had this? Will the weight drop off again or is this it :(

Hey,
Don't worry. It's extremely doubtful you have a true 10 pound gain! Do you normally weigh at group? As there can be differences from different scales.
Also your body weight fluctuates day to day which is why you should only take your weight once a week! And noy being able to 'go' will also not help matters!
Keep up your good work for the rest of the week and don't let this demotivate you! (This is why I can't keep scales in my house!) You are doing amazingly well so far :)

I think it's very unlikely you'll have actually gained 10lbs that quickly. As the PP said, weight can fluctuate a lot. I remember I weighed myself after a big night out once and I'd gained 7lbs!! It can be a combination of things. Don't worry!

Probably not a true gain so try not to worry. It's more likely that it's your totm (?) and you're just retaining a bit of water. Stop weighing yourself and drink lots of water. Stick 100% to plan and hopefully you'll see a loss on wi day :eek: xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Apparently to gain 1lb of fat you would need to over eat by 3,500 calories (and this would be above you maintenance calories which likely are around 2,000). There is no way that you overate 35,000 calories in one day.

Time of day can make up to 5lb difference and also different scales can weight totally different. Plus if the meal was high in sodium you could be retaining some water weight. Hopefully it won't be anything like as bad by the time you are back to your weigh in at Slimming World. x

Don't worry its impossible. Be 100% and increase your fluid intake :)

Back