Gym Membership

MrsPopi

Banned
Hey All,

I am trying to convince my husband to let me become an active gym member once again. In order to convince him I am going to draw up a list of pros and cons. Here is what I have so far:

Pros - Health benefits, feel good factor, passes time, reduced cost

Cons - Monthly cost

Do any of you have any other pros or cons I could add to the debate? Thanks in advance...

=)

I have just purchased the Hannah Waterman body blitz DVD enjoyed this last time I used it. Wont do it every day this time round though, probably 3-4 times a week. Figured £10 for a DVD to use countless times is cheaper than £25-£30 a month for gym membership.

Lets hope it works this time round and keeps me motivated to do well.
=)

Is that the one where you have the 30 days and the three different levels. You change every ten days dont you? I might try this in January....

gyms better than dvds.... dvds are the same routines, same moves.... in the gym you have a variety of classes and different machines to use.
yeah you have to pay, but get your monrys worth and it'll be fine

I like the gym because there is always a professional trainer around that i can ask questions to and seek additional advice. Their always offering new techniques and diet tips and they're super friendly. It's a nice little motivator when they know your name and start to make positive comments when you start to show weight loss and they'll comment on your progress and they notice how many times you've been coming to work out and tsk tsk you when they haven't seen you for a few days.. lol.. This is my gym though, so you need to research and make sure you find one that's the right fit for you. My gym is a women's only gym so i feel less self conscious and there is all ages and sizes that work out there. I don't like to work out in my living room because i feel self conscious in front of my husband so I need to go to the gym. I've held my membership for years even though I've slacked off a bit over the years , i know it's always there when I need it and my rate is one of the cheapest in town so I'd be silly to let it slide now.

Back