Gym Membership

XxAbbiexX23

Dieting & Mummy To Ethan
Does anyone know if I'd be able to request from my Doctor reduced rates or free Gym Membership?

Has anyone ever asked and had their request approved?

I'm wanting to go to the Gym so very badly but don't want to have to pay the full whack if I don't have to. I know, I sound cheap but hey, it's a credit crunch and I don't have that kind of money right now lol!

:D;):D;):D

I remember on my local council webiste that they do free memberships if you get a letter from your GP if I remember correctly. There was certain times you had to go though and it was only temp, I think for 12 weeks.

No idea sweetness.. i jus run.. costs nothin.. worth askin tho x

I have asked my doctor about it and in my surgery you just make an appointment to see the nurse and she refers you. Its called exercise for health and its for 12 wks at a time, covering 24 sessions. You have to pay a one-off fee of £7.50. I think you if you have difficulty meeting this cost, special consideration or a further subsidy can be made if you speak to sport ctre manager. But you can go back and see the nurse once your 12 wks are up for another referral. There are certain sport centres participating, mainly lifestyles but the nurse has a list and rings them up there and then for an induction date. You must take your referral letter with you and i am told you are assigned a specific person to help you design your program! Mention to them that you are on LT so they can adapt plan to your needs.

Good luck hon, always worth asking!! xx

Oh and apparantly Tai Chi and swimming available on programme too.

Thanks Minimay!

That's great advice hun. I'm seeing my Doctor on Wednesday anyway so will see what he says. Hopefully I'll get some help.
:D

Back