Gym on ts?

nixib

I was wondering if anyone regularly goes to the gym for cardio/weights sessions on 100%, and do they think this has a negative impact on weight loss??? When I did LL a few years ago I was told my gym sessions were slowing down my weight loss! I'm only on day 2, so thought I could start at the gym next week but I really don't want this to slow me down... It seems so ironic. (I'm not a total gym bunny, it's more of a social activity!!!)
Thanks
Nix

nixib said:
I was wondering if anyone regularly goes to the gym for cardio/weights sessions on 100%, and do they think this has a negative impact on weight loss??? When I did LL a few years ago I was told my gym sessions were slowing down my weight loss! I'm only on day 2, so thought I could start at the gym next week but I really don't want this to slow me down... It seems so ironic. (I'm not a total gym bunny, it's more of a social activity!!!)
Thanks
Nix

I've seen quite a few people with slow losses when they exercise a lot, does seem to happen

I goto the gym quite a bit, my losses are pretty decent but not very consistent, big then small etc.

I enjoy the gym though and its great to feel myself not only getting slimmer but also much fitter aswell. I used to struggle jogging at 6kph for 3 mins when I first started and now I can jog at 7.5kph on a small incline for 15 mins! A decent trade off I think!

Just don't try and get ripped like a body builder whilst doing TS, it just won't happen, not enough fuel for our bodies for that O:)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII using MiniMins

I was wondering this too, I do regular spin and yoga classes along with at least 2 sessions a week in the gym of about 30 mins weights and 45 cardio. I would have thought it could only benefit weight loss, is there a scientific reason why it slows down or is it just based on past experience?

I just use my wii fit, I also do a bit of yoga and go walking :)

I would have though it could only help really, if your burning fat and gaining muscle, doesnt it mean that you burn calories faster then? Not to mention its good for your body and fitness!

Hi,

I go to Gym 3 times a week for an hour each time 2 session aerobics and weights combined and then a zumba class. Done these classes for years so quite used to them. I havent noticed it interferring with my weight loss but everyone is different. Plus i like the definition it gives my body so if it means sacrificing an extra couple of pounds lost here and there im happy. x

I think everyone has different results, for me on this type of diet, anything other than very gentle exercise meant my weight loss slowed down!!

I suppose one explanation can e that the muscle you build up at the gym is heavier than ft so although your loosing say 5lbs of fat and gaining a 1lbs of muscle your actually still looking thinner... I think that makes sense, either way I will continue to exercise as I want to be slim and toned!! It's day one today, here's hoping hunger pangs aren't tooo bad :)

Hiya,

Muscle infact doesnt weigh any more than fat a pound is a pound the difference is the size / mass. A pound of fat is larger than a pound of mucsle so if you replace a pound of fat with a pound of muscle your body size will shrink but can still weigh the same. Hence why sometimes we dont loose weight on the scales but loose inches :) x

Ahhh now I see, well this means any slow weightless I will just blame the fact I am obviously just sooooo toned (haha I wish) :p

I think if you regularly do exercise it will be ok , I found when i did more on CD , it never increased the losses.

very helpful, I was going to start working out loads at the gym to speed up weight loss. However from what you're saying it may in fact slow it down!

I love it that this diet makes you lose weight quickly without the need to excercise ticks two important boxes for me!:D

I think gentle exercise until getting near to goal.... And then turn it up for toning and helping keep the pounds off!!! I did great for a while after LL and it started going wrong when my trips to the gym slowed down.

Essentially, on TS we are taking in 600 cals of fuel a day.

That 600 cal is busy fuelling our organs and vital functions.

Felt your hands and feet get cold yet? They're not vital. Hair falling out a bit? You don't need hair to survive.

Exante is safe, of course, but it is carefully calculated to provide the minimum fuel we need to survive and burn fat.

If you go to the gym and burn some of the precious fuel off, its not going to be there to do its job. Does that make sense?

That's why LL and CD etc recommend toning exercise only, not fat burning cardio etc.

There is a strain of advice that says if you've always done something before starting a VLCD, then muscle memory and stamina will be prepared and u should be able to carry on after the first few days; but now isn't the time to suddenly take up running and spinning etc. Your body has enough shock to deal with..

Hope that all makes sense.

I personally swim and do Pilates... plus walk when I can.

I've started doing the 30 Day Shred now too, but will probs up to four packs to help me metabolise properly.

S x

Back