Gym

leehal

I am currently doing Step 2 and am aware that aerobic exercise is out due to the low calorie intake.

My slipped disc has subsided enough so that I feel able to go back to the gym, in the past as long as I have gone 3 or 4 times a week and only exercised on the bike, treadmill (walking) and the cross trainer my back has improved.

I am thinking of going tonight and only walking briskly on the treadmill followed by a few minutes in the sauna and a dip in the whirlpool.

Do you think I will be OK ?

Also if I go in the sauna will I be defeating my efforts to consume vast amounts of water ?

I would think you would be fine - just see how you feel and try to take a bar with you as a 'just in case' so that if you do feel dodgy you can eat immediately. Drink plenty of extra water and you won't need to worry about fluid loss in the sauna!

The golden rule bud is conversational exercise, if you can talk normally to someone while exercising then you are doing just fine.

M.

I'm going to the Gym 3 or 4 times a week and I'm on my 9th day of SS.

I'm also walking for roughly an hour every other day - pushing my son ih his pushchair.

So far, I've felt fine exercising & SSing.

Good luck if you decide to go.

Back