Had a MASSIVE gain this week - any advice please?

shawden

Hello everyone

I need some help, advice and/ or motivation

I have been on slimming world since January 2012 and lost 7.1/2 stone by October 2012, but since then I have been losing/ gaining the same 6lbs

But yesterdays weigh in was the worst, I have gained 9.1/2 lbs this week. I have changed groups and someone said the scales might weigh different (not sure about this as they should all be calibrated) and I have been very depressed this week and have had 2 Massive binges (chocolate, alcohol, cheese and crisps)

If anyone has any advice that might make me resist the binges or that might get my head back into the game I would be very very grateful

Thanks
Sam x

The gain happened for a reason hormones scales you ate wrong things. The binges will only make it go up more, draw a line don't eat anymore and take your weight as it is and work on it really hard.

Good luck

What motivated you before when you were losing weight well? Getting your books out, and reading all your old magazines, planning the week ahead and keeping a food diary will really help. Thinking about what you want more, a binge or a good weight loss next week? Plan your syns, so you're not tempted to blow it. For example, I like a Curly wurly, but I know if I have a 5 pack, I'll eat them all! So I make a trip out to buy a single one. If the weather is bad, it puts me off! Try not to buy them in the first place, if you have lots of free and superfree to fill up on, so you're not hungry, you'll be less tempted. We're all human, we all slip up, but you've done fantastic to lose so much weight. So have another bash at it, and don't let this stop you from picking yourself up and making a fresh start. xx

right, firstly.

stop.

turn around.

and take a great big long look of HOW FAR YOU HAVE COME!!!

you have lost 7 stones mrs!!!! that is a fantastic achievement, and you should be soooooo proud of yourself.

secondly, you need to start writing down a food diary again. start afresh. you have started a new group, treat it as a new goal. you have 2 stones to target. and you CAN DO IT!!!

try to remember before a binge, how you feel AFTER. not great is it. guilty, sluggish, sick, ashamed.

then compare that to how you feel after a loss, after reaching your 1 stone target, your 2 stone target, the elation at reaching 7 stones!!

you WILL get there, and you have done so bloody well, you are fantastic.

there must be reasons for such large gains, remove those reasons and be positive.

xxx

Well said GEM. You've done so well. You need to get your head round it again and make a fresh start. Good Luck!!!

Yes, you need to draw a line and move on or it'll be the same next week.
Chin up xx

Thank you for the replies

I am going to take one meal at a time, write everything down and BE more positive

Thanks again x

Yes, I have done this! It's little step backwards on a journey which has seen you marching miles and miles! Give yourself a break-- you're doing brilliantly. The fact that you have posted means that your head is back in the game. We are human, not robots, so deviances and slips are part of the process.

Now you know what your gain is and you know what to do to get it off. Get back on the plan! Go shopping (have something filling and free first so you won't be drawn to the chocolate aisle).

If you're bingey like me, try binging on muller lights (I ate nine in one evening once and still lost that week...) and apples, and other free things until that impulse gets back in its box.

You can do it! I bet you show a decent loss next week. Don't be disheartened-- you are not ignoring it, and that is the whole point.

Good luck and let us know how you get on. xx

Firstly well done on your amazing losses so far.

When you were sustaining massive losses did you keep a food diary? If so then I would urge you to dig them out and copy an entire week's food of a week when you did really well.

Also, are you exercising? It really is the key to minimising gains so try and set yourself a Bronze body magic challenge too to give yourself the head start you need.

Finally, nobody is perfect. If we were all on plan all of the time we'd all have BMIs of about 22 and the forum would be empty. Everyone has a slip up.:eat: It's how you behave after the slip that really matters. You either choose to pick yourself up and dust yourself off (and put it behind you) or you allow yourself to spiral out of control.

You obviously want to do the former by posting here hon. You CAN do it. You just need to get back into the mindset of believing you can. x

hello puppetwitch and abfab

Thank you for your replies, there is some good advice in there that i will take

I have had 2 days 100% on plan and feel a lot better with myself, am drinking lots of water and have had 10 syns in the last 2 days (saving some for wine on Saturday)

Thank you for all the replies and good luck to everyone x

Well done Shawden, getting back on the wagon is the hardest thing but you've done it and you'll find it so much easier now. Keep it up, and I'm sure you'll see a nice loss this week.

Good luck!

I have nothing to add but well done on the fantastic weight loss so far! I'm in Sheffield too, can I ask which group you go to? :)

I wouldn't let the gain bother you. The 7 stone you have lost so far is the equivalent to you having run 22 miles in a 26 mile marathon. Sometimes you fall over because you are tired but because you know you have ran so far you will get yourself back up and keep going until you finish the marathon. The beautiful thing is that you can almost see the finish line!!

To me (And I am new at this) But if you are fluctuating between those 6lbs, haven't you reached your healthy weight for you that you can maintain at? The 9lb gain is a step back. Maybe treat that 9lb loss as a whole new weight lot journey from the 7 stone! (Well done on that by the way - that's fantastic)

Thank you everyone, feel so much better since weigh day and I think it might have been the kick up the backside I needed to get my head back into gear and get on again

Sharloid - I used to go to the one in Kiveton Park but have transfered this week and now go to worksop, where abouts are you?

The biggest piece of advice I can give you is to get back on track RIGHT NOW and don't let one gain defeat you. I speak from experience! In October last year I was 3.5lbs away from my 6st award and I fell off the wagon. I avoided going to WI and beat myself up for weeks until suddenly I'd gained a stone. By then, I felt too ashamed to go back to class and so the self-sabotage continued. I sit here today, almost 2 stone heavier. I did go back to class this week (having dabbled with WW unsuccessfully for a little while) and I'm so annoyed with myself for letting it get out of control. Mostly, though, I am pleased I faced the scales, and my class, and took it on the chin. I've had a de-tour, but I'm not finished. I'm not defeated.

YOU are not defeated. Xx

So you had a bad week! so have all of us! Start again, fully focused and start writing down a weekly food diary! I have kept mine from week 5 and it's good to look back for ideas.....
Put a line under it and as others have said, re-read the books and go for it, you will get there, good luck.
Pete

Back