Hair help..

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by Princess_Stevie, 18 August 2011 Social URL.

1. Princess_Stevie

Princess_Stevie Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4.4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9.6lb(17.9%)
    Diet:
    5:2 / The Fast Diet
    Hi all, looking for a bit of advice really.

My hair is naturally a dirty-blonde colour, and about 2 years ago I dies it to a dark purple / red colour. (which is currently a faded reddy / brown colour). I am now sick of this colour, and am hoping to go back blonde, hopefully lighter than my natural colour.

Obviously, the best option would be to go to a salon. But I'm only 20, and you know what that means..SKINT!!

I wondered if anyone was any good with hair, and could suggest a way of getting from this red colour to blonde?

I've thought of using colour-before and then a blonde dye on top of that. Has anyone tried this?

Will try and attach pics of natural colour and now colour x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Princess_Stevie

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4.4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9.6lb(17.9%)
    Diet:
    The first pic is from about 4 year ago, and shows my natural colour.

The second is me (in the middle) with my dyed purple hair - always looks black in pictures, for some reason!

Attached Files:

4. Wish

Wish Silver Member

Start Weight:
    100.7kg
    Current Weight:
    64.9kg
    Goal Weight:
    70.8kg
    Lost(%):
    35.8kg(35.59%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting/Low Fat
    I know the colleges are shut now, but for future why nit try going to one for your treatments/cuts its really cheap and you can ask for a third year student:D

5. MadameLaMinx

MadameLaMinx Gold Member

I did this with at home colourant. Red is an absolute beeyatch to get rid of. You can buy a colour stripper/pre-lightener but bear in mind that this will make your roots super white blonde much quicker than the ends and the ends may well end up being a pale Gingery shade, which did happen in my case, however, it actually looked pretty cool anyway, with the two tone effect. As time has gone on, and I have redone the roots and had a couple of hair cuts, the balance of blonde to ginger has tipped so now it's predominantly blonde but that's taken a few months to get there.

6. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I can't offer any advice on how to get rid of the red in your hair only my sympathies.

I had my hair red for a few years, got fed up with the colour & decided to go brown, it took forever to get rid of the darn red in my hair:( I've now got lighter & sometimes you can still see the red:eek:

As MadameLaMinx said go to a college & see if they can sort it. Bear in mind anyone who is colouring your hair will be supervised, so it is unlikely anything will go wrong.

7. Bunnylush

Bunnylush Gold Member

Start Weight:
    1st2.9lb
    Current Weight:
    0st10.9lb
    Goal Weight:
    0st10.9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(35.5%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I'm a hairdresser, please go to a salon and ask to be a free or cheap model. Or for about £10 You could book a visit to a hair academy lie in Manchester or where ever you live. Ring a top salon and ask for details. I advise this so you don't end up with green hair and all students need models to practise on. Yu won't come out disappointed. X

8. Sassia

Sassia Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    A friend at work went from dyed bright red hair to her natural blonde by using 2 boxes of colour before (not sure if that's how its spelt). Worked a treat. Highly recommended. Her hair was lovely and soft as well. I expected it to be like straw! I have 2 boxes in my bathroom incase I ever want to go from black to blonde!

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

9. Lucky7

Lucky7 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I used colour b-4. Did three applications to get black dye out and went reddy brown, then started to go black again. In the end I went to the hair dressers and they got the rest out using a bleach-bath for cheaper than 3 lots of colour b-4 had cost! Talk about false economy.

I you lookon Boots online there are lots of reviews for color b-4 and they are very mixed.

Colour B4. Hair colour remover extra strength by Scott Cornwall hair expert. - Boots

It's worth checking out prices for bleach-bathing as you might be suprised, and if you've got lots of colour in your hair you might have to buy 3 packs of the colour b-4 which isn't cheap.

I'm lucky enough to have a Celly's salon near me, so the bleaching was £9 then the new colour was another £9.

Celly's Unisex Hair Salons

Good luck, whatever you decide! xx

10. Princess_Stevie

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4.4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9.6lb(17.9%)
    Diet:
    Thank you all for your advice!
    I'm still very undecided, but will let you know the outcome!

Why oh why did I ever decide to get rid of my lovely blonde hair :cry:
    I am a first class donut.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.